Thursday, April 6, 2017

So, so loved!


Grace and I had time today for a long, long chat!  Susie invited me along, when she brought Grace into her work place to meet all of her co-workers.  Following that visit, I watched Grace while Susie visited her favorite Physical Therapist (located near to her work place).  It was really wonderful watching all of these friends of Susie meet and love on Grace.  Let me tell you that there is no shortage of love surrounding this special little girl!  They all got a chance to see her smile and coo and she even fell asleep in some of those loving arms, as she was passed from one person to the next.
While Susie was busy with therapy, I was reminding Grace just how special and how loved she was by everyone who sees her.  I was also (very quietly) humming a song to her that has been in my head for WEEKS!  I found myself singing it while sitting on the beach, driving on the interstate, and standing in the shower!  Don't you just wonder why that happens?  When one song is so stuck in your spirit that you can't stop singing it?  Well, today it was very appropriate.  It is a song by Hawk Nelson - Live Like You're Loved!  It is truly a great song and one worthy of getting stuck in your head.  So I encourage you to stop and click on that link!  I was singing the chorus over and over - to myself.  Have you ever noticed that there is most likely a message in something like this.  Something that you really need to hear?   Well, here are the lyrics to this really powerful song....."Live Like You're Loved"

You're not the only one who feels like this
Feelin' like you lose more than you win
Like life is just an endless hill you climb
You try and try, but never arrive

I'm tellin' you somethin'
This racing, this running
Oh, you're working way too hard! (You're working way too hard)
And this perfection you're chasing
Is just energy wasted
Cause he love's you like you are!

So go ahead and live like you're loved
It's ok to act like you've been set free
His love has made you more than enough
So go ahead and be who he made you to be

And live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved

And live like you're know you're valuable
Like you know the one that hold your soul
Cause mercy has called you by your name
Don't be afraid to live in that grace

I'm tellin' you somethin'
This God we believe in
Yeah, he changed everything
No more guilt! No more shame!
He took all that away
Gave us a reason to sing

So go ahead and live like you're loved
It's ok to act like you've been set free
His love has made you more than enough
So go ahead and be who he made you to be

And live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved

Live like you're loved, walk like you're free
Stand like you know, who he made you to be
Live like you're loved, like you believe
His love is all, that you'll ever need

So go ahead and live like you're loved
His love has made you more than enough

So go ahead and live like you're loved
It's ok to act like you've been set free
His love has made you more than enough
So go ahead and be who he made you to be

And live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved

Live like you're loved, walk like you're free
Stand like you know, who he made you to be
Live like you're loved, like you believe
His love is all, that you'll ever need
Live like you're loved!

I just love the chorus to this song.  Live like you're loved, walk like you're free, stand like you know who He made you to be!  Live like you're loved, like you believe, His love is all that you'll ever need!
Quite honestly, I don't think there is any better song to be singing to Grace!  Every little one needs to know this great promise.  As a matter of fact, EVERYONE of us needs to take these words to heart.  
I am so, so thankful that the Holy Spirit kept bringing me back to this song, over and over.  I really needed to remember just how strong and sure the love of Jesus is FOR ME!  

Okay, in total truth telling, I struggle with this even though I KNOW this truth.  I have been racing and running and chasing when I should have been doing more STANDING and BEING.  

Yes, tonight I am taking the time to listen to this song.  Really listen.  So that the words get into my spirit.  Then just maybe, they will not have to play over and over again in my head.  Hopefully, by writing this blog I will have written this message into my heart.  

To all of you out there...... LIVE LIKE YOU'RE LOVED!  because you are!  

Jesus, thank you for talented song writers who put thoughts and feelings and reminders into songs that speak to our hearts.  Bless Hawk Nelson tonight.  Thank you for surrounding Grace with so much love.  Holy Spirit, help us all to truly live in the love of Jesus.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment