Monday, January 15, 2018

Thinking spring....in the middle of a snowstorm!

Ken came home from the store with these really amazing tulips.  Don't they just scream SPRING?  The problem is that the truth is very far from that.... we are having a snowstorm!  As of right now we have a bit over 4" and more is predicted. It's not a blizzard or anything, but still, it is enough snow to have to bring out the snowblower.  Our back yard looks like this...
Ken and I were both thankful that we did not have to leave the house this morning.  It is a holiday, but it is also very nice for Ken to be able to sleep in and not worry about cleaning off the cars and the driveway and then driving to work in nasty conditions.  So, for today, he is enjoying retirement.  I got to stay in today since Gwen has the day off of school.  We had planned a fun activity with the kids for today, but the roads and weather caused us to cancel   The kids were quite sad, but we promised them a reschedule soon.  

Today I am so grateful to be able to live my life in the "think spring" in spite of the circumstances looking very wintry, mode.  With hope, with vision, you can see beyond what is right in front of you.  Somewhere around Christmas, I passed over another blog milestone - 700 blogs.  That hardly seems possible!  When I started this blog way back in 2013, I really had no idea where it would take me.  I just received my 5th blog book in the mail - one for each year I have been blogging.  I am so thankful for these printed evidences of the work and time that I have put into this blog.  More than that, it is a printed record of the pictures and words that I have shared.  I realized early on, that there was more to this blog than I originally thought.  People all over the world are somehow interested in what I have to say.  It had to be a God thing, since I am just an old grandma, sitting in her craft room, typing words that I thought were only for me!  Along the way, I have interacted with some amazing people.  Comments and emails have come from almost every corner of the world.  I have had readers in places that I had to look up, since I had no idea where they were!  (For example Macao, which is actually part of China).  I've said it before, there is more to this blog that what I thought.  

Recently, I received an email from a gal who lives in Australia.   It was an encouragement for me to continue to write and even expand what I am writing.     I don't know her personally, but we have corresponded several times over the last few years.  This certainly was the push that I needed to both continue blogging and also work on some other writing projects that I have had in the works for quite a while.  It was certainly a "God thing" to me when I read the email.  So I am finding that I have a renewed vision for this blog.  And it feels a bit like a springtime break through.  Just like those tulips are bringing a bit of a break from our wintry weather.  

No promises, but you might expect to see more frequent blogs from me in the weeks ahead.  Suddenly it feels like I have so much to share.  That is a welcome feeling after weeks feeling like I should stop putting words on a page.  Please pray for me.  I am sensing those angels surrounding me, even more clearly than before.  Going forward, I want to be sure that it is the correct words being shared, not just words to fill a page.  Guess I don't have to understand all of this to just KNOW that Jesus has called me to this and so I will obey.

If you are feeling "stuck" right now, or in the  middle of a winter funk, take heart.  Spring is just around the corner!  And you can look ahead to that warmer, sunnier time that is really just a few page turns away on a calendar.  Buy yourself some spring flowers, it is guaranteed to change your mood! One thing is certain, the weather is bound to change!

Thank you Jesus for the means to reach the world from my warm cozy house.  Holy Spirit, help me stay true to the message you would have me share.  Remind us that we are all moving ahead, into the future. Give a renewed sense of purpose to all those who choose to share in print.  Thank you Jesus for all around the world who read these blogs.  Bless them!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment