Thursday, April 8, 2021

He is Risen! Wonderful Easter celebration!


What a glorious and wonderful Easter celebration my family had this year.  We were all very aware that we completely missed Easter 2020.  I found myself trying to remember what we had done for Easter last year, what the kids had worn on that day, where we had been.  And then, the realization hit - thanks to COVID we did not have any family time last year.  Quite frankly, due to Ken's illness beginning in January of 2020, most of last year is a bit of a blur.  Then you add COVID quarantine on top of that blur and it is possible to kind of lose 2020.  We certainly missed Ken during our time together this year.  The wonderful weather, amazing church service, and fun time with the kids made this a memorable time.  We will not forget Easter of 2021.  

The weather was just perfect.  It was sunny and warm, exactly like you would want an Easter to be.  We have had our fair share of very cold and even snowy ones.  This day was perfect for being outside and running around looking for those Easter eggs.  



All of us, even the adults had a great time walking around the yard, during the egg hunt.  This year the kids each had different eggs, so it was much easier to help them.  Tim did a great job making it extra hard for the older kids to find their eggs and it actually took them a fair amount of time to find them.  

Just being together was something to celebrate.  We are so thankful that we (the adults) have all managed to get our Covid vaccines before the arrival of Baby Boy Rowley (expected in late May).  And knowing that we are all safer now, sure makes our times together less stressful.  I am extremely thankful to NOT have to decide if it is worth the risk to go to the store for food.  I used a lot of food delivery and contactless pickup in the previous months.  Knowing that I am more protected is really a gift.  

The Easter morning church service was exactly what I needed.  I have been going to church via "live stream" for most of the past year. I am so thankful that this option was there.  It has allowed me to continue to worship, even though we were stuck at home.   Actually being in the church, surrounded by my family, and the bigger "church family", pouring out praise and worship to the Risen King,;;;;;;; well it filled my soul and my spirit.  It was an awe-inspiring service.  I encourage you all to watch it here - Fellowship of Faith Easter Service   I really feel like I have turned a corner.  I know that the last six months have been a time of adjustment to being on my own.  And, while I know that I will face continued times of grief and uncertainty, the path ahead seems much clearer now.  Certainly the spring weather, the increased hours of sunshine, the decrease in the fears and worry over Covid is a part of this.  But I am convinced that working through a Bible Study on "The Quest", has helped me break out of the standstill position I was in. That Bible study plus this Easter worship proved to be the catalyst for change for me.   I love feeling expectant for the year ahead.  I am not sure what it will look like for me, but I am convinced that I am moving forward and it is so good.  

We all need more good news.  Overall, this past year has been HARD!  The news was never good.  I am working to start and end everyone of my days finding the good news of that day.  All you have to do is look for it!  Good things are happening out there.  I plan to use the next few blogs, to fill the airspace out there with positive, helpful, wonderful things.  I would love to hear from all of you.  Help me fill the world with hope and positivity.  Let's all bring more sunlight, more good news to others.  

Jesus, thank you for being the Risen, Reigning King of Kings!  Thank you for loving us so much that you suffered and died for us.  Holy Spirit give us courage to see beyond the darkness and to find the light.  Thank you for filling our hearts with your love.  Help us continue to look for the "Good News".  Jesus, you are that good news!  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment