Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunny, warm family time, reflections on the past year and looking ahead!



 We all got together at an incredible park, half way between the Johnson and Rowley homes.  We have great difficulty finding a time that everyone is available to be together.  So this day was a special treat to help me celebrate my recent birthday.  This park was extra special with something for every age from Jimmy all the way through the adults.  We had a short break to have some snacks and the kids all enjoyed a special treat of freeze pops that Doug and Susie provided.  It was over 80 degrees so that was a welcome cooling and hydrating snack!  The kids climbed, ran, played tag, and all of them (except Jimmy) went down a really cool long metal slide placed into the side of a big hill.  These times together, are especially good when the kids leave tired and ready for the ride home.  

These last two years have really gone by quickly.  At times it feels like a very long time since Ken died.  But then there are those days that it seems like he was just here.  One of the things that happened in the last weeks was an unexpected needed repair to my home.  The ceiling drywall in Ken's camera room cracked in several places and began to fall.  It was open to the attic in several places.  Thanks to Doug's quick actions, everything was moved out of the room.  I was able to get a local handyman to come within a few hours.  Apparently, when my house was built in 1977, they used nails instead of screws to hang the drywall.  And after years, it just dries out and the nails give way and the longer span of drywall begins to fail.  This handyman was able to support the ceiling with temporary bracing and came back two days later to make the permanent repairs.  I am incredibly thankful that we have mostly cleared out and stored all of Ken's camera equipment so nothing was damaged. The two years seemed more real after these repairs were made. 

Last week I shared some Instagram posts that I wrote as a special writing project.  I am making an effort to write every day in this next year.  I have a large project that I have been working on for several years and I would like to complete it by this time next year.  I don't want to stop blogging, so I will be (hopefully) posting a bit more regularly that I have been. Blogging has seemed overwhelming in the last few months.  All of a sudden, it doesn't seem quite as daunting to me!  So get ready for more words from me!

Today in church, we sang  Revelation Song It was such a great worshipful experience, one that I much needed.  I will most likely have this song on repeat over the next few weeks. Being in this place of worship is a great place to begin a new year for me and a good place to end this blog. Join me in worship by clicking on the song.  

Jesus, we are filled with wonder at your name. You are the breath and the living water that sustains us.  Thank you for family times and wonderful times of worship.  Holy Spirit, help us to stay in this place of worship as we go into a new week.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment