Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello 2016.....Let there be light!

It is time to say good bye to 2015 and hello to 2016.  And Happy New Year!  Yes, today is 2016.  I simply don't know where the last year went.  Today Ken and I purchased new lamps for our bedroom.  Real, grown up lamps.  We haven't had real bed side lamps in many, many years.  Don't ask me why, but today we happened to find these lamps at a ridiculously reduced price.  So we bought them!
They are the perfect color and exactly the right size.  When I saw them on the clearance shelf, I couldn't believe it.  If I would have described the perfect lamp, these would match exactly.  So 2016 begins with LIGHT!

 It has been a bit of a more quiet year for me as far as blogging goes.  I only wrote 142 posts in 2015.  That was down from 244 posts in 2014.  But it still feels like there was exactly the correct number of words sent out there into cyberspace.  I've been doing a lot of prayer and considering about what the next year might hold.  And I had one of those "suddenly" moments yesterday while listening to a Periscope message! (Hey, can I encourage you to try out this amazing free addition to all things Internet?  I have been so blessed by listening to some of my very favorite pastors/teachers/evangelists/musicians......well, you get the idea!  If you haven't tried out this real time video thing, you need to do it! I can't believe the amazing teaching and wonderful music I have had access to via this wonderful new App.)

Over the last week or so I have been "parked" in Psalm 16!  I kept reading this chapter in all different translations.  Somehow I knew that my message for 2016 was somewhere in those verses.  And then I listened to Lance Wallnau on Periscope.  I have learned much from Lance and it has been so wonderful to listen to his DAILY Periscope messages.  Yesterday, Lance brought his word for 2016.  And what do you know, it was from Psalm 16!  I don't know exactly what translation he uses, but this was the verse that brought me to that "suddenly moment".  Here is Psalm 16:5 from The Passion Translation.......
Lord, I have chosen you alone as my inheritance.  You are my prize, my pleasure and my portion.  I leave my destiny and its timing in your hands.  

There is the suddenly!  Instead of trying to figure out what is ahead for 2016, I will just remember that I have chosen Jesus as my inheritance and because of that, everything else is in His control.  It was as if the light was suddenly shining.  It is a totally wonderful, relaxing place to remember that Jesus is actually HOLDING our destiny in his hand.  Right now.  At this very moment.  Somehow, I felt light just flooding into my spirit.  It is clear that 2016 will be filled with an increasing light as we just continue to press into Jesus.  So I encourage you to pick up a Bible....any translation will do and read Psalm 16.  Let it just sink in.  There is a lot more in that chapter.  Let it speak to you.  I am convinced because of verse 5, you will join me in saying LET THERE BE LIGHT in 2016.

I got to what I thought was the end of this blog, and then I just knew that I had to include the entire Psalm 16 from the Passion Translation in this blog..... so here goes...

Keep me safe, O mighty God, I run for dear life to you, my safe place.  So I say to the Lord God, You are my Maker, my Mediator, and my Master. Any good thing you find in me has come from you. And he said to me.  My holy lovers are wonderful, My majestic ones, my glorious ones, fulfilling all my desires.  Yet, there are those who yield to their weakness, and they will have troubles and sorrows unending.  I never gather with such ones, nor give them honor in any way.  Lord, I have chosen you alone as my inheritance.  You are my prize, my pleasure, and my portion.  I leave my destiny and its timing in your hands.  Your pleasant path leads me to pleasant places.  I'm overwhelmed by the privileges that come with following you, for you have given me the best!  The way you counsel and correct me makes me praise you more.  For your whispers in the night give me wisdom, showing me what to do next.  Because you are close to me and always available, my confidence will never be shaken, for I experience your wrap-around presence every moment.  My heart and soul explode with joy-full of glory!  Even my body will rest confident and secure.  For you will not abandon me to the realm of death nor will you allow your Holy One to experience corruption.  For you bring me a continual revelation of resurrection life.  The path to the bliss that brings me face-to-face with you.  

What I forgot to include in this message is the reminder from this Psalm that not only is Jesus holding our destiny in His hand, He has given us the indwelling Holy Spirit that brings us wisdom and shows us what to do next.  Even whispers in the night!   That is the icing on the cake of this revelation.  Okay, NOW this blog is done!

Jesus, thank you for not only giving us a destiny, but holding it all in your hand.  Holy Spirit, thank you for being there to bring us wisdom and direction.  Thank you for gifted teachers who help us hear your voice.  Give us grace to rest in your care.  Thank you Jesus for your light and life!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment