Sunday, April 22, 2018

Telling the truth in all things... even the weather!

Last week was one of those silly weeks when you simply do not know how to dress.  On Thursday morning, I scraped about 2" of snow and/or ice off of my car before heading to watch Grace.  At some point during the day, the sun came out and by the time I left for home, it was 59 degrees.  I had worn my winter coat in the morning and a fleece over a long sleeved shirt.  I carried my coat to the car and before leaving the driveway, had taken off my fleece.  Over the next few days it was impossible to decide exactly what kind of coat or jacket you might need when leaving the house.  Friday was a bit cloudy and windy and felt cold at times. But then the sun came out and it warmed up. Saturday was also overcast - until late in the day again.  Let's face it!  It is just time for some good old spring weather.  Today I confidently hung my winter coat in the back of the closet.  I am trusting the forecast for the next 15 days - lows in the high 40's and highs in the 50's and 60's.  

So apparently Grace had decided it needs to be springtime - or at least warm enough to have a picnic!
On Thursday she spent the better part of the day setting up her little picnic set and then putting it all back.  Over and over and over and over.  You gotta love these little ones.  They just never seem to get tired of the "in and out".  
She found the cups and spent a bit of time "practicing" drinking from a real cup.  She does a pretty good job drinking out of a glass if you hold it for her.  But she loves these little plastic tumblers.  Part of the day the "picnic" was on the ground, until she discovered that she could set it up on the table! This was especially interesting to me since Doug, Susie and Grace were leaving for a camping vacation just a few days later!  It was almost as if Grace understood that there was a picnic in her future!

So, just like Grace, Ken and I decided to proceed with our patio enhancements, as if it will soon actually be warm enough to use it.  After our "situation" with our gazebo almost flying away, we purchased some really nice, specially designed weights for the legs.  We also got an outdoor heater and some very festive lights. We also spent some time actually attaching the canvas top to the frame much more securely.  All in all, we should be set for some good relaxing time IF the weather ever gets above 60 degrees!

Over the last few weeks, the subject of personal testimony has been coming up over and over.  The interesting thing about doing this blog is that it is my personal story and no one can disagree with what I have written!  The same is true of each person's testimony of their relationship to Jesus.  In this blog, I have written about various different times that have changed the course of my life in some way.  The common thread of each of these events is that I had a very real encounter with Jesus.  He spoke to me, brought revelation to me, came to me in dreams, sent someone else to speak a word to me, brought a song to me, caused the Bible to come alive to me,  really so many different things.  I am always amazed by people who want to dispute that Jesus can speak to each one of us.  Not only CAN he do this, but it is His plan for each of us to have a personal relationship with Him.  And that relationship would be pretty one sided if Jesus did not have an active role in it.  The entire time that Jesus was explaining the Holy Spirit to his disciples, is really the groundwork for us all to understand the lines of communication that Jesus was leaving with us.  It would be better for us all when he was in heaven because then ALL of us could communicate with Him.  Such an amazing plan by an awesome God.  Yet, here we are some 2,000 years later, and really good people - some of whom have studied "religion" for years and years want to deny that Jesus speaks to us ALL!  So, here is my soapbox of truth telling for today!  Jesus has, does and will continue to speak to me and I have, do and will continue to listen to Him.  Hey, that news is so much better than the weather! You can depend on that truth!

Jesus, thank you for the reminder that you desire a relationship with each person.  Thank you for the amazing gift of the Holy Spirit.  Open the ears of those that are afraid to hear your voice.  Give courage to us to share this truth with those around us.  Help us to teach our children and grandchildren the truth that you speak to us all.  Thank you Jesus for warmer weather and the approaching of springtime.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment