Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Dream small....

It has been a long time since I managed to get a blog post out there.  What a really busy month May has been.  Ken and I took a few days to go away to a relatively nearby Tulip festival. There were miles of amazing tulips to see.   We have had birthdays, mothers day, and our anniversary.  And there were several end of the school year events also.  By the end of each day, I AM TIRED!  So, therefore, my blogging has suffered.   Beginning with today and going backwards, here is a photo recap of this very busy time!
Today was Anna's last day of preschool (for this year).  She had a "crossing the bridge" event today and this also marked the end of Gwen's teaching for this school year!  It was a big day for Anna - her first real "school" experience!
Last Sunday, Gwen ran a half marathon and Tim ran a marathon - IN THE POURING RAIN WHILE IT WAS ONLY 40 DEGREES!  These two are amazing.  When they have trained and trained for an event, it happens rain or shine.  So proud of their perseverance! Because they were running this race, I took care of Lia, Ellie, Zeke and Anna.  

It was a special day for Zeke and Ellie at their Sunday School.  Because they had done all their memory work, they were treated to a special Limo ride to see a movie.  As I said, it was pouring rain. So this is the best picture I could get of the event.  I was a proud grandma when Zeke said one of his memory verses in church before this fun event.  
Lia, Anna and I spent a couple of hours together and had a nice lunch. After we picked up Ellie and Zeke, we all went out for ice cream.  It was a a good way to spend a really icky weather day.

Zeke's birthday party fell during this crazy busy time.  A jumping gymnastics party was fun for all. Really hard to believe that Zeke is 7 years old.   Even Grace had fun at this party.
It is so wonderful to see the cousins together.  At fifteen months old, Grace is running everywhere.  She seems so old now, so much more a toddler than a baby.  We might have to stop calling her "Baby Grace!"
Just before Mother's Day, Anna's preschool had a Mother's Day Tea.  She invited me to attend (Gwen class had a tea at the same time so I was a "substitute mom").  Gwen spent a few minutes seeing Anna sing with her class, but I got to share the treats with her.  
While we were seeing hundreds of tulips, we also took some time to visit this lighthouse on Lake Michigan.  Ken took hundreds of pictures of flowers and other sights along the way.  It was a relaxing time away for us. 
Lastly, I wanted to share this really neat picture I captured of Ellie blowing bubbles on an early Spring day in May.  It just feels like spring to me!

So there you have it.  My last three weeks in a few pictures.  Actually, there are a couple events that I missed in this recap!  Ken and I celebrated our 44th Wedding Anniversary.  It was also Ken's birthday.  No wonder I didn't have much time to blog!  But during this time, I heard a new song that really "fits" these last weeks for me.  It is Dream Small by Josh Wilson.  The first time I heard this song I was in tears.  As you can see in this blog, my life right now seems to be lots of "small" moments.  I so needed this reminder.  
Dream small.  Don't bother like you've gotta do it all.
Just let Jesus use you where you are.
One day at a time. Live Well.  Loving God and others as yourself.
Find little ways where only you can help.
With His great love. 
A tiny rock can make a giant fall.  Dream small.

Keep loving, keep serving
Keep listening, Keep learning
Keep praying, keep hoping,
Keep seeking, keep searching
Out of these small things, watch them grow bigger
The God who does all things makes oceans from rivers.

These simple moments change the world.
Of course there's nothing wrong with bigger dreams.
Just don't miss these moments on the way to bigger things.
Cause these simple moments change the world.

So if your life is anything like mine - you are running from one thing to the next - don't forget this message.  These simple moments change the world!  

Jesus, thank you for all the fun, wonderful times we have had in the last few weeks.  Thank you for reminding me that it is okay to be doing these "small" things.  Help us all to keep this attitude in the daily grind we face.  Holy Spirit, help us all to live well and to love others with Your love.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment