Wednesday, June 13, 2018

When grace carries you through. And a special "Guest Blogger"!

This has been an exciting week for me.  I have spent the last several days with Lia, Ellie, Zeke and Anna while Gwen and Tim are on their church's Mission Trip.  I have done this for the last 8 years.  This is always a special time for me to spend lots of time with each one of them.  This year, everyone is so much more independent and able to function without help.   I have actually been getting MORE sleep this week than I normally do, since nobody wakes up much before 7:00am!  So far, I have colored many pictures, made lots of meals, done lots of laundry and played LIFE many, many times! 
Today is actually one of the "busy" days for us since Lia has Ballet (actually Ballet, Jazz, and Tap) and Ellie, Zeke and Anna all have gymnastics.  So I will be driving from one place to the other and keeping some busy while waiting on the others.  The beginning of my time here, the weather was really raining and cloudy.  So we had some inside days of more television than we would normally allow.  Thankfully, the sun is out today and it is warm and summer like.  Which will make our waiting time lots easier.  There is a farmers market in the town with Ballet and Gymnastics so I am sure that we will be visiting there for part of the time.  It is really exciting to see the "pre-teen" that Lia is becoming.  Lia has been asking me about this blog and has expressed a desire to be a "guest blogger".  So this is her chance.....
...........................................................................................

Hi, my name is Lia. I am the oldest of the 4 kids. So my Grandma is brave and she is letting me be a "Mini blogger" on her blog. I am going to tell you my perspective of how the week is going. So normally in the Fall (When Mom and Dad work and Anna has school) somebody has to take care of  us Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So Grandma takes care of us on Monday, I take care of them on Wednesday and, my other Grandparents take care of us on Friday. So anyway Grandma is here from 6:30-7:00 A.M. to 3:30-3:45 P.M. which if you count isn't very much time. (Plus we do school in that time) So this mission trip week is and amazing opportunity to spend as much time as I can with Grandma. After Grandma leaves on Monday I always beg my Mom to set up a play date with Grandma.

Ellie and I have the same bedtime and our bedtime is 9:00-9:30 P.M. but Zeke and Anna are younger than us and so they have to go to bed before us (7:00-7:30 P.M.) and so Ellie and I get to spend some time with Grandma without Anna and Zeke. So Grandma, Ellie, and I play "The Game of Life" (Which Anna and Zeke can't play) and every time we play it Ellie and I get cars full of kids and Grandma gets one at the MAX. Yeah well Ellie and I don't have children in real life and Grandma actually has kids. Grandma thinks that it's sad but I think it's hilarious. 

When Mom and Dad are away I am sad... but I am also glad. (Grandma doesn't give us a long list of chores to do) anyway it's good practice for college. for some reason I get better sleep when Grandma is here. Grandma also gets us treats at the store and she brings us to McDonalds play place and Baskin Robbins. My best friends birthday party is always during the mission trip and she always has a pool party because she has a pool and so I get to relax and get to be away from my cray family. 

This year for the mission trip my Mom and Dad and the churches youth ministry (Boulder) are at St. Louis. Yesterday they went to a HUGE ball pit with HUGE balls. I am in Boulder but I am still too young to go... you have to be going into High school to go on this years mission trip. They always change the age restriction (It depends on where they are going that year) next year I am going to be able to go! I am super excited. It is also my last year with Grandma though. I am really sad.

So tonight is going to be CRAZY. First we are dropping off Anna and Ellie at gymnastics at 4:00, and then we are going to my dance studio "Dance Connection" for my 4:30 class, and then Grandma goes back to gymnastics to pick up Ellie and Anna at 5:00, and then they have 1 hour to eat and then Grandma has to drive back to gymnastics to drop Zeke off at 6:00 and then Grandma, Ellie and Anna have to wait in the car until 7:00 and then they are going to go to a park after they pick up Zeke while they are waiting for me or  and then at 9:00 they are going to pick me up from dance. Crazy huh? This is my first Ballet class and tap class and jazz class this summer and this is Ellie's and Zeke's first gymnastics class for the summer and this is Anna's very first gymnastics class EVER! I am so excited for her and also really proud of her. Anna is really into front rolls AKA somersaults so I think that she will be really great at those. She wouldn't go to sleep last night because she was so worried that she wouldn't do her somersaults right tonight. Well that's all for me I hope that I will get to be a "Guest -Mini"  blogger again! It was really fun! bye!
.......................................................................................................................
Yes, I know that the extra grace from Jesus is what carries me through this week.  I sure have a great appreciation for Gwen and all that taking care of four kids entails.  There are so many times in my "normal" life that I feel that blast of an extra touch of grace.  But this week, I have been living in that grace.  I love that the kids are learning about serving others by the example of their parents.  They have first hand knowledge of going into strange places to share the love of Jesus - even when it is outside of their comfort zone.  We saw a homeless person while we were driving, but unfortunately did not have anything to give away!  The kids were very sad that they couldn't help.  I was just glad that they even wanted to help!  This week is a growing week for me.  Growing in patience, growing in love.  Being with the kids and seeing how they maturing and learning is such a gift.  One thing is certain.  I would not miss out on this week for anything!

Jesus, thank you for the joy and wonder of children.  Holy Spirit, I could not get through this week without your extra measure of grace.  Jesus, bless all the children, adults and senior citizens that are being touched by Gwen and Tim and the team from Fellowship of Faith.  Help us all to approach our full and busy days knowing that we need more of your grace.  Thank you for all of your blessings.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment