Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Feeling stuffed..... and it's not Thanksgiving!

Last year around this time, I noticed that I was feeling "stuffed"!  You know that feeling, when you have eaten much more than you should have.  Yes, I was overweight.  Over the last few years my weight had just crept up and up.   And it wasn't just physically that I was feeling stuffed - it was Spiritually.   I was hearing and taking in lots of good teaching.  I was soaking in new revelations and excited about the things that were beginning to make sense to me.  But, there was also an increasing feeling that I could not hear ONE MORE THING! 

That was when I realized the connection between feeling full Spiritually and my weight!  One of the most amazing testimonies of Yahweh's unique plan for me is my name.  My first powerful encounter with Jesus included the Bible verse - John 7:38 -  "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him".  That verse became my "life verse"!    Imagine my surprise and delight when years later, I discovered that my name means "streams of water" and the Bible verse associated with my name is that exact verse.

 I had been drinking from that river of living water, pouring down from the throne.  But there was a dam preventing that flow out of me.  And I believed that there was a connection between this and my weight! 

So I committed to Yahweh to be more aware of ways that I could allow the many good words I had heard to flow out of me.  I watched for opportunities to share and focused on some projects that had been sitting on the back burner for some time.  I even agreed to take on a project that I knew I was not "qualified" to do in the natural.  And I made a decision to make better choices about my food intake and exercise.  Over the next 6 months I lost 30 pounds.   So I have lost that "stuffed" feeling in my body. I still have a bit more to go, but I am on the way. 

 I am still feeling somewhat stuffed Spiritually.  So I am trusting that this blog will be part of breaking down that dam that may still be holding back the flow of living water that is in me. 

I am on the way to living in that MAY place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment