Monday, March 14, 2016

In the midst of Him, even in the noise!

It's been a busy, busy last few days.  This past weekend was my "Scrapbook Retreat" weekend!  It was a wonderful time talking, laughing and actually getting a bit of scrapbooking done.  I managed to get about 45 pages done - far less than my previous record-setting 78 pages, but I had a great time anyway.  I spent more time on several of the pages than I usually do and I am very pleased at the results.  However...... lots of late nights and a time change make for a very tired Monday.

The time change showed up at Gwen's this morning when the girls all slept in much later than normal.  Zeke had to get up to go to school with Gwen, and it was slow going for him!  So needless to say we had a quiet morning.  Wait a minute.........that is a very poor choice of words!  Today was NOT QUIET!  There was music and singing and dancing and videos playing and, well, you get the idea.  But in the middle of that, this was Anna today........
The little pigtails just made her look SO OLD!  And then to add to that, she has become quite the dancer and can actually do several of the girl's dances that they are practicing for their upcoming recital!  It is beyond amazing how much she has learned, just by watching the older girls.  I have a feeling that when she finally starts "pre-ballet" (which isn't until the fall of 2017!) she will already have a good "vocabulary" of dance steps.  This picture reminded me of this one.......
This, of course, is Gwen in her first pigtails!  No question that Anna belongs to Gwen!  Once again, I am so glad that I have these photographic reminders that confirm my feeling that Anna is the spitting image of Gwen!  

Yes, it was a noisy but very fun day today with the kids.  I had a meeting this evening so I stayed until after dinner.  It was a long day and as I was driving home after my meeting this song was playing on the radio......

Word of God Speak
By MercyMe

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say


Word of God speak
Would you pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That you're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In your holiness

Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay


I was thinking how interesting it was that my day had been so NOISY and then this song reminds me that in the quiet I will hear His voice.  This morning, my small group had a "flurry" of text messages around several different devotions about the need to REST!  My day did not feel very restful.  But when I heard this song I realized that being still and quiet is a choice that I have to make....whatever the circumstances that are around me.  I don't think that I spent much this past weekend being quiet or still. And today was noisy and busy.  But still, I am sure that Jesus - the WORD OF GOD - was speaking to me... just as the song says
Word of God, Speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
What a comfort it is to know I am always in the midst of Jesus, no matter what is going on around me.  And during those times that I feel so disconnected and far away from Him, all I need to do is rest and breathe and ask....Word of God, Speak!  Even when I don't even know what to say... what to pray about, I don't need to say anything!  How amazing.  

Won't you join me today and simply stop, rest and be still and then ask "Word of God, Speak"? What a great reminder that the rest and the quiet and most of all - the Word of God - is right there for us.  Yes, I really needed this today.  

Jesus, thank you so much for music - even when it loud and seemingly unending and when those lyrics speak right into our spirit!  Holy Spirit, help us all to remember that we are in the midst of you! Thank you for time with family and friends.  And thank you for the laughter and joy and energy of children.  Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment