Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Year, A New beginning....

This last month or two  it has been increasingly difficult for me to blog.  I would open up a new post and sit with my fingers poised over the keyboard and then......nothing.  I felt like the river of all that I wanted to share had simply dried up.  I had so many thoughts in my head but somehow I just couldn't transition them to the page.  It was very frustrating.  Instead of a welcome part of my day, thinking about this blog became a chore.  So I sort of decided that enough was enough.  I would finish out 2016 and just fade off, never to blog again.  But then I had a couple of interesting things happen that have changed my mind.  Every time that I decide that I am done blogging (for some reason or the other), suddenly people start reading my blog.  And sending me emails wondering why I am not blogging.  And writing comments on the blog asking if something is wrong since I have only blogged a couple of times in the last few weeks.  That is exactly what has happened, yet again.

I heard from a couple of my friends in Africa.  Wondering if there was a prayer need that I hadn't been able to share.  Isn't it amazing to be connected to people all over the world?  A "Facebook" friend sent me a message with holiday greetings and them commented that she missed my blog posts and the encouragement that they brought to her.  So this is a new beginning for a new year.  Here goes!

In my last blog post, I mentioned that I didn't have the family picture we took on Christmas Eve.  Gwen recently sent me this one from her camera.  I just love it.  I especially like Ellie's very real attitude about yet another picture taking session.  Someday, she will be very sorry that she didn't cooperate for these pictures!
Yes, family is pretty much the most important thing in my life.  And I love having these great pictures of our wonderful times together.     I am so blessed and so thankful for each one pictured here.  They are always the bright spot in my day. It is always easy to share and write about my family.

However, some of the things that I have wanted to share on this blog, are pretty controversial and might not be received very well by some who read this blog.  It has been a tense and dividing time in the political arena.  My Facebook feed is split between people who are really happy about the upcoming four years, or really angry about them.  For the most part, I have not been public about this and have decided that LOVE is the most important thing.  I will just remain loving and caring to everyone, no matter what!  But that is becoming more difficult since I have promised truth telling!
I really think that is the reason that I have had such a hard time writing this blog.  I have been thinking more about the READER rather than sharing my own heart.  And that is a mistake.  The real motivator for this blog was to share the things that Jesus had put on my heart.  To be able to openly express the things that were in my spirit and trust the Holy Spirit to bring them to exactly the people who needed them.  Yes, fear of man was keeping me from sharing... fear of GIANTS!

I think that this song Giants Fall by Francesca Battistelli will be my encouragement in the days and weeks and months ahead.  Please take a moment and listen to the song.  Here are the lyrics...

Everyone's telling you To let go of what you're holding to
It's too late, too far, You're too small, it's too hard
Throwing water on that spark Living deep inside your heart
With oceans of reasons  The things you're not seeing
But oh, maybe they don't  Know what you know
That you're not alone
Don't you be afraid Of giants in your way
With God you know that anything's possible
So step into the fight  He's right there by your side
The stones inside your hand might be too small
But watch the giants fall
We could really live like this Can't you imagine it
So bold, so brave With childlike faith
Miracles could happen Mountains would start moving
So whatever you may face  Don't you be afraid
Of giants in your way
With God you know that anything's possible
So step into the fight He's right there by your side
The stones inside your hand might be too small
But watch the giants fall
Ask and believe  You're gonna see
The hand of God in every little thing
Don't you be afraid 
Of giants in your way
With God you know that anything's possible
So step into the fight
He's right there by your side
The stones inside your hand might be too small
But watch the giants fall
Miracles can happen
Anything is possible
Watch the giants fall

Yes, there have been some giants out there in my thoughts and I have been afraid to face them.  I don't know why, but I seem to have forgotten just how big my Jesus is!   This year - 2017 - is going to be an amazing year.  I am convinced that we will see many, many giants fall.  I know that Jesus is calling me to step into the fight, knowing that He is right there with me.  I know that there will be many miracles and many of those mountains will start moving.  

Expect to hear much more about the things that Jesus is speaking to me!  I don't have a clear picture myself of what 2017 holds for me specifically.  But tonight I am sure that there is something specific for me and I will ASK and BELIEVE that I will see the hand of God in every little thing!  This is for each of you reading this blog.  Don't be afraid of those really big things that seem to be standing in your way.  Join me and ask and believe!  With God anything is possible!

Jesus, thank you for reminding me that your plans include all of us.  No matter how small we feel or how hard the problem is, you are there with us and YOU will empower us to step into the fight.  Holy Spirit, give us all courage to speak the truth and to share our hearts in love.  Thank you for friends and family and music!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment