Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Thinking on the good things...........

Don't you just love the simple gift of some picked weeds from a little child?  I sure do.  There is nothing that is more lovely and more wonderful to dwell on then this sweet offering of love.  Gives you something to think about, doesn't it?

This week I have been hearing a very strong message, from multiple sources.  The message is simple...  WATCH WHAT YOU ARE THINKING!  Isn't it interesting how some of the most profound ideas are contained in a simple statement?  I remember hearing "you will become what you think".  There are lots of Biblical verses that express a very similar idea.  One of my favorites is
Philippians 4:5  "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

This week there has been an outpouring of people really upset and angry and just going crazy over things that are happening in the political arenas here in the United States.  It is really easy to get caught up in the drama.  To want to add words to the posts - either for or against whatever the topic is.  It seems like everyone's blood pressure has gone up to the danger level.  There is so much angst and so much hand wringing going on.  It seems that many good people have forgotten that Jesus is in control!  God's plans are higher and bigger and greater than anything that is happening right now.  He's got this!  But more importantly, we all have to remember that we must take our thinking captive.  We are in charge of our inner state - how we are feeling and what we are thinking!  No one else can direct this.  Nothing happening should shake us up or derail us from knowing the truth.  And remember....Jesus is the way, the truth and the life!  We have to watch our "self-talk".  You know, those things that you think (or even say) that are simply not true and can be very destructive.  Listen folks, we are in a very real battle with satan that begins with our minds.  Satan wants to distract us and fill us with worry and doubt.  He wants to chip away at our foundation until he can get us to fall.  Keep your helmet of salvation covering over your thoughts and don't entertain all of those negative "what ifs" and "why's".   Most importantly, remember who is really in charge - GOD!  Look around you and see the wonders of creation.  Praise Him for the clouds and the sunset.  Praise Him for the rain and the grass and the trees.  Praise Him!  This will keep your thinking exactly where it needs to be.

So tonight I am thankful for these sweet little clover flowers that were given to me by a little one who just loves these flowers and loves me!  I am thankful for the knowledge that Jesus is the only way to the Father and He is the truth!  I am thankful that Jesus reigns!  He reigns now and forever!  I am going to think about these truths. I will fill my mind and my spirit with songs of praise for our amazing creator who thought up these beautiful little flowers!  I will praise him for my life and that precious little one and all of my family.   And I will be reminding myself every time that I open up social media, that I am in charge of my state of mind and my way of thinking!  I will not hide my head in the sand, but I will be mindful of what I am allowing to enter my thoughts.  And in it all, I will praise Jesus!

Jesus, thank you for all the reminders you give us of your great power.  Thank you for flowers and little children.  Holy Spirit, help us all to keep our thoughts on pure and holy things.  Give us courage and boldness to walk out into our world with the truth that Jesus Reigns!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment