Thursday, July 14, 2016

When you can tell a "book by it's cover"!

So I was looking through my data base of stored photos today, trying to make some decisions about organization.  You know, so that you can actually find the picture you want, when you want it!  Well, I came across this photo of me with................ummmmm!  I had to consider for a long time what baby this was!  I knew it was taken at my mom's apartment and it was taken before July of 2009 (when she moved into a different apartment.  So that would mean that this was either Lia or Ellie.  Suddenly I realized that it was obvious that this was ELLIE!  I could not tell from the way she looked but I could tell from the blanket!  Lia  has a very special "penguin" blanket and sadly, there is only one of those blankets.  Now it has made it through the years and still is in pretty good shape for being 10 years old.   In spite of numerous shopping trips to try to locate the same blanket, a second one was no where to be found.  So when Ellie was expected, Gwen made sure to get duplicates of all of the blankets so that there would never be only one of the favorite.  And that flower blanket is Ellie's special blanket.  In a unique and for a very obvious reason, Ellie refers to this as her "penguins" since Lia's calls her blanket her penguins!  No matter that Ellie's blanket has a splash of colorful flowers!  It has never been called flowers!  Awe, life with kids.   So in this case, I could tell "a book by it's cover" or a baby by it's blanket!   Don't you just love that sweet little baby face?  

 Isn't it interesting how sometimes the title of an article either draws you in or pushes you away?  I experienced this today when I was scanning through my facebook feed.  Earlier in the day I had been listening to a song that we had played and talked about at my small group yesterday.  It is really more than just a song, but really is a worship experience.  The title of the video is King of My Heart by Bethel Music.  If you want to check it out, just click on the link.  There is one point in this song that is kind of near the end when the words are "You are the wind in my sails".  Now I had really not thought much about this yesterday or even this morning as I was listening to this several times.  That really did not stick out for me. (Honestly, there is so much in this song to focus on, I am not surprised that I really missed that phrase).  So back to my Facebook feed..... I saw an article titled "There's going to be a Wind in your Sails"!  Normally that title would not have drawn me in.  But today, I suddenly remembered that phrase from the song and eagerly read that post.   Here is that post and the link to the website.

"There's Going to Be a Wind in Your Sails"
by Cindy Jacobs, Red Oak, TX


This is a prophetic word by Cindy Jacobs that was recorded about God's winds of revelation, peace, and provision. You can listen to the word through the audio player on link below.

For the Lord would say, "You're going to get the wind at your back. And right now, I see that there are some people that you're like a ship, and the ship has no wind in the sails. And you just feel like you're stuck, you're stopped, you can't go on your journey."
But the Lord says, "I am going to begin to blow upon your sails. There's going to be wind in your sails."
And the Lord says, "Do not let your emotions at this moment begin to agitate you," because the Lord says, "I am making a plan right now. I am beginning to work behind the scenes in some ways to bring you the funds you need, to bring you the support system you need, the emotional support, the physical support."
And the Lord says, "Know this—I Am that I Am, and I am very concerned about you. I am very concerned about the things you are concerned about. I am very concerned about your family; I'm very concerned about your finances. I'm very concerned about your future," says the Lord, "because I am a loving Father."
So I would say to you, "Even in this time where you feel nothing productive is happening, and you are not moving forward, and you are stagnant," the Lord says, "if you will be still and know that I am God, and trust Me, there is going to come this wind of the Holy Spirit upon you. There will be a wind of revelation. It will be a wind of peace; it will be a wind of provision," says the Lord.
"So stand up, and begin to rejoice, and know that I am good," says the Lord.
"Begin to rejoice, and know that, at this very moment, even though you cannot see with your natural eyes, I will open your spiritual eyes, and say I am preparing for you. I have a plan for you, to give you a future. I have a plan to give you hope," says the Lord.

Cindy Jacobs
Generals International
Email: generals@generals.org
Website: www.generals.org


Well, I really needed to see these words today.  And I just know that there are many others out there that feel like nothing is happening.  We feel stagnant.  Like Isn't it wonderful to know that Jesus is concerned about us?  About our families?  About all the things we are concerned about?   I am so glad that the Holy Spirit prompted me to read this post and then further reminded me that it is not always good to quickly judge an article (or a book) by the title!

This is just another reminder to stand and rejoice!  To announce to the world and to remind ourselves that God is GOOD!  Which is a perfect transition BACK to the link I gave to the song!  So I think I will listen and rejoice!  Won't you join me?

Jesus, thank you for once again, confirming a message through a song and a word.  Holy Spirit, thank you for knowing exactly what I needed to hear today.  Jesus thank you for reminding me that you have a plan to give me hope.  Help us all to stand and be open for that great wind of your Spirit to fill our sails!  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment