Friday, July 15, 2016

Today was a milestone kind of day....

Last night, after I had posted my blog, I happened to look at the statistics page for my blog.  I don't always do this, as a matter of fact sometimes it is weeks between my visits to these pages.  The first thing I noticed was that my blog last night was my 600th blog post!  WOW!  I mentioned that to Ken and he was also surprised.  I have been blogging since May of 2013.  So I suppose that over 3 years I should not be surprised by the number, but I was.  And then today these came in the mail............
I decided to have my blog posts printed into a book form to preserve them in a "readable" format for my own library.  I debated for a  long time about doing this since it was not an inexpensive thing to have these books formatted and printed.  But today, I was so thankful that I had actually gone through the process of getting these books printed.  It is really something to hold these very weighty books in my hand and know that every word was put on the page by me!  And this is only 2013, 2014, and 2015!  I am praying that the same format will be available when the end of 2016 rolls around.   I would really like to have a matching set!  Yes, this was a milestone kind of day for me.  Seeing these blogs actually on paper is really something.  I suppose that seems a bit silly, but I am a "book" person and I love to hold books in my hand.  I do have a Kindle and Iphone and Laptop and I do read a lot of material "electronically", but there is just something that pleases me about holding a book and flipping the pages.   Now I can flip through the pages of my life and all that Jesus has given me through these posts.  I have a lot to look at!  

The story behind this blog is really a simple one.  I felt that I had something I was supposed to be sharing - somewhere/somehow - and I couldn't figure out the where or the how to share!  I had been feeling a strong call to go to the nations and yet I was in a place where that didn't seem really possible or probable.  I simply did not have a platform to share my thoughts, my revelations, and my words or the things that Jesus was speaking to me. I remember telling someone that I felt like I had duct tape over my mouth.  My very first blog is titled "Feeling Stuffed and it isn't Thanksgiving".  I started this blog as a way to vent - more or less.  Here is the thing.  Little did I know that somehow this blog would go around the world and reach people in the nations.  I had been feeling called to write but really didn't think I should be writing a book or a story or a devotional.  I couldn't figure out who might even want to read anything that I had to say.  I guess that I had to get "stuffed" enough to just begin to put words on a page.  I am incredibly thankful that I live in this era when blogging was so simple.  I had decided that blogging might be good, but had put it off for several months because I couldn't come up with a "catchy name" for my blog.   Finally Gwen told me to just use my own name and be done with it!  Wasn't that good advice? I could procrastinate no longer.  And so it began.  

At last count I have blog readers in 178 countries.  That fact alone stops me in my tracks every time I think about it.  My blog is not one of those "viral" blogs that get millions of hits.  But I know that Jesus is sending my blogs to exactly the people who need to see these words and be encouraged and inspired by my daily life and struggles. And let me tell you there have been plenty of ups and downs in these blog posts. I promised total honesty when I began this blog.  So nothing has been left out of my posts.  There have been births and deaths and lots of grief and tears as well as laughter and joy.  Times when my faith was low and things seemed dark, yet Jesus was always there. Just like my life, it always comes back to Jesus.    I do not "promote" my blog, but somehow the Holy Spirit is doing the work of spreading my posts in ways that surprise me and leave me in awe.  I certainly did not think that I would be reaching the nations while sitting in my chair at home, but that is exactly what is happening.  It puts a new spin on the term "missionary" doesn't it?

When I was four years old, I had a dream that Jesus told me to share his story with everyone.  When I was eight someone told me "someday you will be a missionary".  As an adult I heard the message that I was called to go to the nations.  But I really never thought it would look like this. And I feel as if there might be even more on the horizon.  It leaves me a bit breathless....and filled with hope and expectation! 

So that is my thought for today.  Expect the unexpected.  If you have had a dream or a vision in the past and you can't quite imagine how or when that dream or vision might come true, just be open to whatever comes along.  Keep your focus on the giver of those dreams and visions, JESUS, and believe me, you will be amazed.  I can assure you that there is a plan and purpose for your life and Jesus is all about you fulfilling your destiny!  Don't limit yourself and be open to new things and new ways.  I am sure glad I was!  Keep on dreaming!

Jesus, thank you so much for your continued prompting to share your story with the world.  Holy Spirit, it is amazing how you bring each of us, exactly what we need, when we need it.  Keep us filled with hope as we hold on to those dreams as we wait for your perfect plan and perfect timing.  Thank you Jesus for who you are and your great sacrifice for us.  Thank you for always being with us. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment