Monday, October 3, 2016

We are all winners.....

Just look at that sweet face!  And that smile!  All of a sudden, Anna looks so old.  I guess that might be because (as she will tell you....) she is "two and half" years old!  I needed that smile today and all those hugs from all four kids!  It is prime time allergy season for me - a fate that happens each fall when we open the windows and shut off the air conditioning.  My head doesn't like this wonderful  fall like weather that is cool and crisp. I seem to have a constant pressure vise around my head and my eyes feel like they are going to pop out of my head!   So I needed those smiles and hugs to get me through this day.  Anna is so ready to be as grown up as her brother and sisters.  She wants to do everything that they do and she is willing to try it all!  The driveway has a slight downward slant - just enough to get a riding toy going at a good clip.  The kids love to have "races" down the drive.  Today it was Zeke and Anna on the track.  Anna had just managed to "lose" her helmet (by saying that she was done on her bike) and before I knew it she was off to the races - without her helmet!  I managed to snap the picture above after I had pointed out that she needed her helmet!   Don't you love that grin?  She knew exactly what she was doing.  And before I could pick up the helmet and get it back on her head... they were off......... 
Anna started the race  "Six, seven eight, GO!" and they were down the driveway.  I snapped the picture with her helmet in my hand.  Fortunately the "race" was pretty tame and she actually stopped about half way down and let me put that helmet on her head!  And the best thing was that Zeke announced that they were both winners!  

In the last few weeks, Ellie and Zeke have been learning about knights in their home school curriculum.  Both have made wonderful books with all things castles and coat of arms and shields.  And on the way home I was thinking about my favorite armor verses - Ephesians 6:10-18.  I was thinking about how many times, like Anna, I don't put on my helmet in what could be a dangerous situation.You know what I mean don't you?  I've let those thoughts fill my head that are not the truth.  I have entertained some very old lie about myself or others.  I've let the enemy distract my thinking. Don't we all do this from time to time?  After I got home, I looked at these verses in my favorite Passion Translation and I was stunned at the clarity that this translation gives to these verses.  I just need to share them with.

Ephesians 6:10-18 - The Passion Translation

Now finally, my beloved ones, be supernaturally infused with strength through your life-union with the Lord Jesus.   Stand victorious with the force of his explosive power flowing in and through you.  Put on the full suit of armor that God wears when he goes into battle, so that you will be protected as you fight against the evil strategies of the accuser!  Your hand-to-hand combat is not with human beings, but with the highest principalities and authorities operating in rebellion under the heavenly realms.  For they are a powerful class of demon-gods and evil spirits that hold this dark world in bondage.  Because of this, you must wear all the armor that God provides so you're protected as you confront the slanderer, for you are destined for all things and will rise victorious.  Put on truth as a belt to strengthen you to stand in triumph.  Put on holiness as the protective armor that covers your heart.  Stand on your feet alert, then you'll always be ready to share the blessings of peace as you subdue your enemies.  In every battle, take faith as your wrap-around shield, for it is able to extinguish the blazing arrows coming at you from the evil one!  Embrace the power of salvation's full deliverance, like a helmet to protect your thoughts from lies.  And take the mighty Spirit-sword of the spoken Word of God. Pray passionately in the Spirit, as you constantly intercede with every form of prayer at all times.  Pray the blessings of God upon all his believers.  

Man, I will take that tonight!  I need to be infused with that strength!  I love that this entire passage begins with the ultimate ending - who wins!  Notice that in the first two lines it is clear that we are victorious!  Yep, we are winners because of the power - the explosive power (Isn't that just an amazing word picture?) flowing in and through us.  We are the winners!  In the daily battles that we all fight we need to hold on to and know this truth.  Even before the battle begins, we are the winner!  And that is all because of Jesus' work on the cross.  He finished the battle for us.  I know that I needed this reminder today.  No matter what we face, we know that, in the end, we are the winners.  We are destined and will rise victorious!

I just love that Zeke was sharing this truth - even though he didn't even realize the importance of it. He and Anna were both winners.  We are all winners! When we are in this battle called life with Jesus.  My head seems a bit clearer now and I feel much more ready to fight the battle again tomorrow.  Thanks to this wonderful, living piece of the Word of God!

Jesus, thank you for Brian Simmons and The Passion Translation.  Continue to bless his work and all of his travels.  Thank you for the reminder today of the power of the Words of scripture to carry us through each day.   Holy Spirit, you help and guide us by bringing to our mind verses when we most need them.  Thank you for showing us all tonight that we are winners!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment