Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Welcome to the river, come drink, come wade......



Today Gwen told me to listen to this song,  The River by Meredith Andrews.  The song is really good (you can click on the link above to listen to it), but take a moment and also focus on the lyrics.....

Everyone is broken  And in need of a Saviour
So He came and was broken For the mocker, for the shamed


Still our eyes are blinded By the culture, by the lies
We can’t see that we’re filthy We’re fallen and so dry



But He invites us Can you hear Him say?
He invites us  Hear Him call your name

Welcome to the river Come drink, come wade

Come find your very life Welcome to the river of God
Where your brokenness Is washed away



Everywhere is the sorrow And the pain of empty living
You can see it; look in their eyes.All the hopelessness of the world


But look closer, He is right there In the midst of every fear
Living water is the offer Restoration is the call



And He invites us Can you hear Him say?
He invites us Hear Him call your name


Welcome to the river Come drink, come wade
Come find your very life Welcome to the river of God
Where your brokenness Is washed away



Find your healing Find your freedom
In the river of God Your healing here
Your freedom there In the river of God


Welcome to the river Come drink, come wade
Come find your very life Welcome to the river of God
Where your brokenness Is washed away



Welcome to the river Come drink, come wade
Come find your very life Welcome to the river of God
Where your brokenness Is washed away

Yes, WOW!  There is so much in this song....I think I just got kind of stuck on the third line.. still our eyes are blinded by the culture, by the lies.    I sort of flashed back on so many ways that I was blinded at different times.  Sometimes the lies that I believed were just small things, but some times it was really big stuff.  Lets face it, our culture is STRONG and it is oh so easy to get blinded and miss just how wrong and unGodly something might be.  And sometimes we are blinded by thinking that "tolerance" is the answer.  Whatever someone wants to believe is okay.  When we think this way we miss the chance to share this invitation with others.  Jesus is calling ALL to come and drink and wade in that river of His life.  There are so many living with sorrow and hopelessness. There is so much brokenness.  And there is so much fear.  The answer is right here in this song....Welcome to the river of God!  Living water is the offer..Restoration is the call!  Isn't that amazing?  

I just love how Jesus leads you along, step by step.  Even when you feel like you have no idea where your are going!  I felt like I was just wandering and wondering where I was headed.  And then there was the tunnel.  Suddenly I knew that I was exactly where Jesus wanted me to be and more than that He was making sure that I get to that destination.... the destiny he has for me.  Today he is reminding me that there is a very fast flowing river in that tunnel.....a river of living water.  I have been invited to jump into that river and take a long drink.  A few weeks ago I was riding the "lazy river" at the waterpark with my family.  Today I know that I am on a totally different kind of trip.  I am sailing along on the river of living water, enclosed in my tunnel, headed in exactly the right direction.  It is quite the trip!  Welcome to the river of God!  Come on in, the water is fine!

Jesus, thank you so much for music that speaks so clearly and helps us to hear exactly what you are saying to us.  Thank you for reminding us all that there is total healing and restoration in the flow of that living water.  Jesus help us to boldly share your invitation and the great news of freedom and healing with our hurting world.  Holy Spirit, give us grace and courage as we ride your river.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment