Wednesday, February 18, 2015

When you get exactly what you need from a little boy....


"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.  
Music is the soil in which the Spirit lives,thinks and invents." 
 Ludwig van Beethoven

I was treated to a long "concert" on Tuesday when Zeke sat at the piano and "played" and sang for me for over 30 minutes.  He even used the pedals (which he is quite fascinated with).  He sang some brand new, never heard songs and he sang some songs that he knows from school and learned at home.  It was the most healing and freeing 30 minutes for me.  When I saw the quote above, I realized the truth it contained.  In the last couple of weeks, I have been searching for revelation.  And anyone who has SEARCHED for revelation will tell you, when you search, you do not find.   Revelation COMES to you.  And on Tuesday, it came to me as Zeke sat at that piano and sang.  

This search for direction, an almost frantic feeling thing, had taken on a life of its own.  Sitting on the couch and listening to Zeke sing words of life, well, it just set something free in my spirit.  All of the wondering and concern and uncertainty seemed to go.  Suddenly I felt light and free.

Today during my small group prayer time, I saw a tunnel.  But it was not a scary, dark place.  It felt safe and calm.  I knew that I could not get off track - I could not go right or left - I could only go forward.  All of the thoughts I had been entertaining about being in the wrong place, just vanished.  I saw that the tunnel was taking me through the mountain.  And It was clear that this was a much easier path than climbing up and over that high, looming peak.  I was going through the mountain in a tunnel of protection and safety, with a predetermined destination.  Not one that I had chosen, but one that was certainly my destiny.  How peaceful and calm I felt at that moment.  And it started while listening to Zeke, sing "Jesus Loves Me"

It is really funny, when looking back at the last few weeks, I can see that it was getting harder and harder to put words on a page - harder to write this blog.  It was harder to tell myself the truth.  I felt as if I was never going to figure out why I wasn't finding what I was seeking!  And then the truth blasted into my spirit through a 3 year old, singing "Jesus loves me, this I know.  For the Bible tells me so.  Little ones to him belong, they are weak, but He is strong.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me.  The Bible tells me so."  Nothing else mattered.  Jesus loves me and that is simply enough.  And then the revelation comes after I simply rest in the TRUTH that JESUS LOVES ME! 

Today is Ash Wednesday.  That very holy day of remembering the sacrifice of Jesus for us.  As we took Communion together in my small group, I felt the freshness and power of the Spirit just rolling over me.  For the first time in many weeks, I knew that I was on the right track, heading toward the destiny that is mine alone.   There is something so powerful about being in a small group of friends and drawing near to Jesus.  It is indeed flowing into Jesus' life.  Again, a reminder of the power of the PRESENCE!  
On Tuesday morning I captured this shot of Anna and Zeke enjoying a snack together.  Anna is just mastering the snack cup.  I  loved that they wanted to sit together and share those goldfish and animal crackers.  I was thinking about this scene today during my communion time.  Yes, it is good to share with those closest to us.  I am so thankful for my small group.  These women hold me accountable.  They pray for me and with me.  The remind me of the truth when I forget.  And they celebrate the breakthroughs when they come.  

I am walking into the Lenten Season in a much different place. For me it will be a time of moving on, in that tunnel, with assurance and most of all, HOPE.  Yes, the return of HOPE!  And, even now, I am walking in new revelation and a new level of joy and peace.  Expect to hear much more of the revelations I am receiving!  More than that, expect to hear and see more of Jesus for yourself.  Take in those words of that simple song, Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so!  If you don't have a small group, I encourage you to find one!  Ask at your church.  Call a friend or two.  There is power and HOPE in being together and sharing Jesus.  Lent is a great time to consider this.  For some reading this blog, you may feel alone.  Jesus loves you, this I know!  For the Bible tells me so!

Jesus, thank you for your great care and love for us.  Thank you for revelations that bring us into places of peace and calm.  Thank you for children who know and share the truth with us, even in simple songs.  Holy Spirit, thank you for leading us and bringing us exactly what we need.  Jesus, thank you for Communion and the power of the PRESENCE that we receive.  Draw us together in you, Jesus.  Amen

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that story. That's lovely. Bless. xx

    ReplyDelete