Tuesday, June 9, 2015

There must be a message in this..........


Is there a message in this?  We stayed in a very nice hotel in Washington, DC for the last 4 days.  It had 9 floors and was really more upscale than the hotels that Ken and I choose.  We were in room 519.  Today, we left Washington and drove to New Jersey where we are staying at a hotel convenient to the train station into New York City.  When we checked in this afternoon I almost fell over when the desk clerk handed me the key above.....room 519.  This hotel has 6 floors and is a different chain. Okay, there MUST be a message in this!  What are the odds that this would happen?????

In DC we had this view out the window........ the Washington Monument.
In New Jersey we have this view out the window.....the One World Trade Center.
Seems like this is not a coincident at all, but there is something that I need to learn/share/understand about 519!  Along the way today we decided to take a side trip to see the ocean and the second tallest lighthouse in the United States.  I'll share about that later, after I have uploaded my pictures!  Here is one snapshot from my phone.  
It may be the Atlantic, but Florida it is NOT!  The water temperature at this sight had just gone UP to 57 degrees from a very frigid 50 last week.  Not swimming weather at all.  

So, my first thought on 519..... what does Scripture say in chapter 5 verse 19?  I went to John first (my favorite book)  Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees the Father doing, because whatever the Father does, the Son does also."    Interesting..... I have often pondered this passage.  I love the thought that Jesus only did what he saw the Father doing.... somehow it makes his miracles seem even more amazing.  It certainly gives us something to think about!  I love to stop and realize that everything that Jesus does, is also being done by the Father.  Isn't that wonderful?  It's easy to kind of let our image of the Father be distant and well....regal.  It is quite another thing to consider each of the things that Jesus did as something that the Father was doing.  I love these verses that are "Trinity" verses - when you can see the action of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  So to be "Christlike" in our actions, means that we will be "Fatherlike" also!  WOW!  I know there is much more that Jesus is speaking to me about 519.... so more to come in the days ahead!

Tonight, when I am thinking about this "God-incident" of being in room 519 twice....I am just so thankful for Jesus and His love and care for us.  When I stood on that jetty this afternoon and looked out over the Atlantic, I could feel Jesus acting in the little things.  Any vacation that does not include the ocean is hard for me.  I really miss seeing the waves, smelling the salt air, feeling the spray... just the immense power of the ocean.  We did not plan on seeing the ocean.  It was a last minute side trip.  But it was all part of the plan that Jesus had for us.  That two hour adventure to the light house, changed our arrival time at the hotel....and the room that we got assigned to us.  Yes, it was a great day today.  

One more rather big thing about today for me..... I added two more states to my list of "VISITED STATES!"  We went through Delaware and I am in New Jersey!  So now I only have 11 states left to visit and Ken only has 7.   The four that we have in common (Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada and Maine) are on really opposite sides of the United States!  But I am very proud to be down to 11 states not visited. Thanks to Delaware and New Jersey!  There will be more vacations in the future!

Even on vacation Jesus is speaking and acting on our behalf.  We just need to remember to take the time to SEE and HEAR him.  My encouragement to you today, no matter what you are doing - at home or away -  stop and consider all the little ways that Jesus has been there for you.  I am sure that you will be as amazed as me!

Jesus, thank you for the time at the ocean today.  Holy Spirit, continue to speak to me about 519 and all that you have to say through this!  Thank you for giving me amazing views - even from a distance and the provision to visit these structures, up close!  Help us all to see your provision, even in the little things.  And help us to remember Jesus that you only did what you saw the Father doing!  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment