Monday, November 3, 2014

Assurance that my weekend was important!

 I was so surprised when I saw this come on my email today!  It just made me chuckle!

This is what I have been doing for the last couple of days!  I have been dog sitting for Doug and Susie, who are occupied at the hospital with their brand new baby!  So yes, I have been noticing the joy that Sammy and Kylie have on a walk, outside playing with a ball, or just running around the yard.  Given that we have a wonderful new baby (who looks very much like his daddy!), and then these two sweet doggies, there has been lots of joy!

Yesterday when I was visiting with new baby Lucas, I took his blanket and hat home with me.  I presented these "gifts" to Sammy and Kylie so they could get acquainted with the new baby "smell".  Kylie took the hat and would not let it go.  Sammy was quite happy to claim the blanket, which he added to his bed.  Later in the evening the dogs switched places (which they often do) and Sammy moved the hat onto his favorite blue blanket that he had rolled into a bed.  When I woke up this morning both dogs had their baby objects with them.  Doug and Susie are bringing little Lucas home tonight, and I am praying that Sammy and Kylie have been calm and welcoming on their arrival!

All day today this email from the morning just kept coming to mind.  It is sure worth a chuckle or two.  I felt as if Jesus was speaking right into my exact situation through this!  I just love it when this happens.  How can you not know the wonder of Jesus' care and concern when something like this comes up that exactly meets the situation that you are in!   I was so happy to be able to watch Sammy and Kylie for Doug and Susie. So it was my pleasure and joy to be able to relieve their worry about the dogs during this happy time.  Yes, it was a busy, happy weekend.  But right now, I am so thankful to be home, in my own bed.  And I am thankful for the safe, healthy delivery of baby Lucas.  While I was snuggling little Lucas this afternoon, Doug and Susie and I were talking about the upcoming holidays.  It was so much fun to anticipate Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations with 5 kids!  Last year we only had 3 kids (Anna was born in January)!  Yes, there will be much fun and lots of noise this year!  Lets face it, 6 adults, 5 kids and 3 dogs is quite a bunch! But we are a big happy bunch!  And just as suggested in the email above, we will be "letting our wild spirit run free and not be stuck in a rut!"   

Jesus, thank you so much for the reminder of what is really important.  Thank you so much for children and animals that show us the pure joy and wonder you want for us.  Thank you for your creation that stops us in our tracks! 
Thank you for this amazing sunset from Doug and Susie's backyard.  I would have missed seeing this if I had not been outside with Sammy and Kylie!  What an amazing gift!   Help us all stop to see the amazing things that are right under our noses!    Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment