Friday, November 21, 2014

Thankful for prayers....and eagles

Today as I was driving around doing some errands, I saw an Eagle flying right over the ditch next to the road.  This was one of those times I would love to have had a camera at the ready to capture the sight.  At first I thought it was just a hawk, but as it flew upwards towards the pole that it landed on, I could see it more clearly.  It was certainly a bald eagle.  I have seen eagles around here, especially near the rivers.  And there have been some nesting pairs seen in the area.  But today, I felt like that eagle appeared for me.

I love the reminder that is on this picture above.....  when we love Jesus, our hearts are healed.  But what came to my mind was Isaiah 40:31......

"But those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Yes, there it is again.  HOPE!  And not just any hope, but HOPE in the Lord.  Over the last week I have loved all the reminders about hope.  Today as I watched that eagle and the effortless way it just flew to that pole, I realized that is what true strength is.  Effortless soaring.  And tireless running, And endless walking.   It's times like these that I am more and more amazed by the Bible. Each day it seems that whatever section of the Bible I read, it applies to my life right now.  I blogged about being weak and needing the strength of Jesus.  I have been blogging about hope and then today, the eagle appears right in my line of sight.

At my small group, my friends prayed that I would feel the love of Jesus.  I have to admit that this week I have felt so loved by Jesus.  In the midst of loss and grief and sorrow and feeling so scattered, I have felt loved by Jesus.  It is really beyond explanation.  And it is so good. It is certainly an answer to prayer.

Sometimes we kind of take prayer for granted.  We say "I'll pray about that".  Or "please pray for me".  But I am not sure that we really DO pray or that we really expect anything to happen.  This week has been a time when I have really FELT the prayers of so many.  I know that our family has been covered and carried on the prayers of so many.   We are moving ahead. Things are getting accomplished.  Life is going on.  And even though it is hard, we are feeling your prayers.  And we are thankful.

Jesus, thank you for the reminder that my hope in you gives me strength.  Thank you for eagles and verses that speak right into us.  Holy Spirit, thank you for prompting us to pray....for ourselves and for others.   Jesus, thank you for your great love.   Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment