Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Destiny and reaching for goals......

I found this picture yesterday and the timing was perfect!  This is Gwen and Doug at Great America on the Ladybug ride.  Today, Gwen and Tim took their kids to Great America and Gwen sent me this picture of them on the SAME RIDE!
As I told Gwen, I can see an amazing "side by side" Scrapbook page in the making!  I am sure that there is "method in the madness" of the operators of these parks.  They took this ride away many years ago.  But they know that it is time to bring it back when those kids of long ago now have children of their own.  Just so moments like this can be captured!  

But this is not the real reason for the blog today.  You know that I have been doing cleaning and sorting and organizing and I came upon this a couple days ago....,

This is dated March of 2010.  The purpose of these papers was to write a personal vision statement and goals.  Some of it was filled in and some was not.  It was pretty clear that I was having a hard time completing this even then.  And there are a number of things filled in, and sadly, I am no closer to them now than 5 years ago.  As a matter of fact, I think I have less focus and direction towards these goals NOW than I had then.  I think it is time to do some reevaluating!  

I have always said that the message I feel most pressed to share is that there is a destiny and plan and purpose for each person.  The thing is that you have to be pressing in to Jesus and listening and sensitive to the nudge of the Holy Spirit to know your destiny and plan!  And you also have to be constantly in touch with Jesus since that plan and destiny might change over time.  And even as I am writing this paragraph, I realize that I am speaking to myself.  This vision from 2010 does not HAVE to be my vision in 2015!  Isn't that good news?  If there is some goal that you set for yourself at some time in the past, and you haven't quite attained it yet, don't fret!  There may well be a different goal or some tweeking of that original goal that applies right now.  

There was one goal on those sheets of paper that I know I am moving towards....just not exactly how I thought it would happen.  I had written "Go to the nations, share the Kingdom message of Jesus' plan and destiny.  Make connections in the body of Christ to expand a platform to share this message, to bring glory to the Father."   And for each of you out there reading this blog, you have taken me closer to this goal.  It seems that each day I am adding to the number of different countries that are reading this blog.  Yesterday it was Georgia and Argentina that popped up.  Two countries on different continents.  I believe that these two countries brought the country total to 91!  And I have not left my house.  I have connected with people through this blog, that I would never have encountered.  I have had the privilege of "talking" back and forth with people (some who speak very little English) through email and comments.  I have been able to share Jesus without ever seeing people face to face.  But I have the assurance that writing this blog is exactly the correct thing for me to be doing!  I just need to remember to stay close to Jesus and listen carefully so that I can reach those other goals!

Jesus, thank you for your personal plan and destiny for each of us.  It is really amazing that we can each hear your voice.  Holy Spirit, thank you for prompting people to read this blog.  Help us to continue to work towards our goals.  Jesus, thank you for reminding me that my legacy is in my children and grandchildren.  Thank you for picture memories that bring smiles!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment