Monday, January 5, 2015

Yes, my day was a BLESSING!

Today I actually had to get out of bed and get ready to go to work!  This is something that I haven't had to do since last June.  Unfortunately, today was one of those days when it would have been so much better to just stay in bed.... it was -9 degrees and my car was covered with snow from our weekend weather event.  But I made it out of bed and got my car started and cleared off, and got to my new nanny job by 7:00am.  Not so bad!  After one day of this job, all I can say is that this is a dream job for me.  The sweet little 10 month old girl is just a pleasure to be with.  It certainly doesn't hurt that I have been taking care of Anna over the last months, and Elle is at just about the same developmental stage.  So I am very familiar with the in's and out's of this job.
This picture doesn't do her justice, she is really very cute.  But for privacy sake, you will have to take my word for it.  She is a cutie.  My arms can tell the difference between Anna and Elle since she out weighs Anna by at least 4 pounds.  And she is at least a head taller!  She is in the 97% for height and weight and Anna is in the 10%.  I had a great day that just seemed to fly by.  This one day a week gig is going to be just wonderful!  It is a blessing.

Well, on that note (the blessing thing) I need to comment on this article.  This evening I saw this article, The One Thing Christians Should Stop Saying again! I have been seeing this over and over the last few days.  It is showing up on so many different pages and many people are posting it.  I think I actually first saw it on Saturday night.  You need to stop, and click on that title and read that post before you will understand my comments. So humor me, and do that.....

Okay, I totally agree with this article.  I know that I am guilty of using that "blessing" phrase, most likely more times than I could count.  In many cases, I should not have used that word to describe the event or thing that I was describing.  But, as far as my new job, I'm sticking with ITS A BLESSING!  The reason that I can say that with confidence after reading those words, is found in Matthew 5:4...
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.   Yes, this has been a heavy time of mourning for all of my family.  And we have been blessed by the comfort of Jesus.  This new job, this sweet little girl, is a great comfort to me.  And I believe, it is another way that I am being so blessed during this time of mourning.  Isn't it interesting how you grow to understand scripture BECAUSE of events going on in your own life?  Scripture is ALIVE and speaks, but when you realize that you really "get" the message from a verse, well..... it is just amazing.  So, this is another plug, once again, to encourage you all to READ THE BIBLE!  Let Jesus speak to you through those words on the page.  Let the Holy Spirit bring the message to life and really connect what you are reading to your current situation.  I am so thankful for all of the verses that I have memorized, for the passages I know because of many great praise songs, for the words that are brought into my mind by the Holy Spirit.  And tonight, I am so thankful for the comfort and the blessing of Jesus!

Jesus, thank you so much for the reminder today that I have been blessed during this time of loss.  Holy Spirit help us all take to heart the words of that article.  Keep us from over using the "Blessing" word.  Give us grace to understand when we ARE blessed and keep us thankful!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment