Thursday, March 12, 2015

Soaring on wings like eagles.......


I couldn't help but think about  this photo after reading this post from Lana Vawser Insight, Wisdom, and Hindsight on March 12, 2015.  If you click on the link it will take you to her page and you just have to page down to this post on March 12, 2015.  I would love to meet this lady!  Every single post that she has resonates with my spirit.  Most of the time there is some part of the post that mirrors something in my journals for that day or impacts me because of something happening in my life.  And just after I read that post, this post showed up on Elijah List from James Maloney.  Both of these posts deal with hope and holding on to hope.  This has been a constant theme in my spirit since my grandson Lucas died in November.  I have felt hope being poured into me and also been reminded that even when I can't hold on to hope, Jesus provides heavenly messengers to hold the banner of hope over me and my family.  And then there is the appearance of the Eagle verse (which is the focus of Lana Vawser's post)
“But those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.” - Isaiah 40:31

This is a familiar verse for many of us.  As a matter of fact, I have a picture of an eagle with this verse in my scrapbook room.  I have to say that this has never been a "favorite" verse for me.  I know it, but I have never really felt anything about this verse.  That is until January 18, 2015.  I was at a conference with Bobby Conner as one of the speakers.  (I blogged about this on January 20, 2015 if you want to read about it).  I bought one of his books and stood in a very long line to have him sign the book.  One of the things that he does is to give each person a "prophetic verse" along with the signature.  He took one look at me, commented on my name, and then wrote Isaiah 40:31.  As he handed me the book he said, "You need to keep on hoping in the Lord!".  WOW!  That was so amazing.  I have to admit that I never really saw the word HOPE in that verse before that day.  Yes, it was another reminder that Jesus has been with me and is giving me every opportunity to know that there is HOPE.  

I had a great impromptu lunch meeting with some of the gals from my small group.  It was a wonderful time of sharing and laughing together.  Because of some circumstances, we have not been able to meet for a couple of weeks.  Yesterday there was a flurry of text messages between us, and each of us felt a bit of a struggle.  We discussed today just how important this group is for each of us. There is power and strength and covering when we meet together and stand with each other in prayer. These wonderful women represent a very real provision of Jesus for me.  I know that these last months would have been so much more difficult without their support.  I am just so thankful for them.  And when I got home this afternoon, I realized that I did feel my strength growing and I did feel less weary.  Yes, it is amazing what a good dose of hope does for your spirit.  

If you haven't already done so, take a few minutes and read more of Lana Vawser's posts on her web site.  And by now you most likely know that I read the Elijah list every day.  This just reminds me of another amazing benefit of the internet.  These wonderful words of encouragement are right there at the touch of a keyboard.  

Jesus, thank you for your provision in all areas of our life.  Thank you for friends and time of sharing, thank you for amazing words on the internet and for revelation from Your WORD!  Holy Spirit, remind all of  us to see your provision through emails and internet sites. Jesus, what a wonderful, caring, ever present friend you are.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment