Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Abide in Him

Yesterday was one of those days that cause me to sit back and think, "wow - did that really just happen to me?"

 A little bit of a back story...... I have been a part of a ministry called Cyrus Ministry International since 1991.  The founders and directors of this ministry have literally traveled all over the world, sharing the message of Jesus.   In 2004 I was able to go with them to Kenya and Uganda.  It was a life changing experience for me in many ways.  A little over a year after returning from this trip, I received a phone call from Lucy, a women I met in Kenya.  She had been my translator as I ministered to several large groups of children at her church.  I hadn't realized it at the time, but the fact that she was there, was amazing.  Lucy was in fact a rather, well known radio DJ and a favorite among the people. She was not normally someone who would be doing translations.   Only Yahweh could have caused our paths to cross.   The phone call  was to announce that she was in Atlanta, GA and had just had a baby girl.  This baby was a miracle!  While we were in Kenya, my friends and I had prayed for her to be able to concieve a baby.  She and her husband had been trying to expand their family for more than 7 years. Yahweh heard our cry and here was little "Hope-Lyn", born in September of 2005.   I was touched and amazed that she and Lameck, her husband, choose to name that miracle after me.  Lucy said that my words from Yahweh gave her the ability to hope and believe that she would have a child and then there was Hope-Lyn.  Even as I write these words, it seems incredible that something like this would happen to me.   And  as I was soaking in the miracle, Yahweh spoke clearly to me ....... HOPE, LYN!   Not many people know, but during this same time frame, my daughter and son-in-law were trying to start their family.  And it had been many months.  While I was outwardly not very concerned, my prayers had been, "Please Lord".  And that day, I heard so clearly that I needed to HOPE - and not despair. The very next week, my daughter found out that she was pregnant with my sweet little Lia.   I went to Atlanta to be with Lucy and meet Hope-Lyn as she was dedicated to Yahweh.  And Lucy, Lameck and Hope-Lyn visited with us in 2007.  Both Lucy and I know that Yahweh has a much greater purpose for our connection than we are seeing in the natural. 



Which brings me to yesterday....  My cell phone rang with an international number.  I answered and was greeted by an amazing 7 1/2 year old  Hope-Lyn!  She wanted to sing to me (which brought me to tears) to recite a memory verse (actually verses -John 15:1-10 - in English) and to pray for me.  Yesterday morning, before this phone call, I was singing the song "You are the Vine and We are the branches".  Apparently Hope-Lyn heard the same thing from Yahweh, because that was the idea of her song also!  And that song is from those very verses in John.  Isn't Yahweh just so great!  I am so blessed and so thankful to know that around the world, in Kenya, I have friends - both young and old- who are thinking of me and praying for me.  

I can't help but think that these two amazing 7 year olds have not met by accident.  Yahweh has a divine plan and purpose for their lives that will be wonderful to watch unfold.   And Lucy is now an ordained evangelist. She has a very large ministry, Prayers Beyond Boundries, based in Kenya.  Her ministry includes an orphange that serves over 75 children. Take a look at her facebook page - Evangelist Lucy Wa Ngunjiri (Official).

And, yes, I am spending some time meditating on what it means to "Abide in Him". 

1 comment: