Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mean what you say and say what you mean!

Little Ellie, my 4 year old granddaughter,  announced yesterday that she was very scared of potatoes!  Of course she is not really afraid of a food item.  It was storming very badly and what she meant to say was that she was scared of tornados!  Today I have been thinking about the times when I may have said something that wasn't at all what I intended to say.  And I also have been meditating on the many messages I have heard that seem to have a hard time communicating what the speaker actually wants to say. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could keep our communications to short, simple, ideas?  I remember once hearing that every speaker should keep the content of messages at a 3rd grade level since that is all most people can absorb.  I suppose some people might say that this is "talking down" to a crowd.  But, then again, I can often remember the children's message given during a church service and totally forget what the main sermon was about.  

I am very thankful that Yahweh doesn't speak to me in complex and confusing ways.  When I have received something, I know exactly what Yahweh is saying.  Sometimes I am unsure of the intended recipient or the timing.  But I know that I need to pay attention to what has been given to me.  So, here is today's short, simple message.....   "In the shaking and storms, I AM with you.  I will hold you and rain my peace and presence down over you, and in you.  Because I love you."

Thank you Jesus for being with me and in me.  Thank you that your peace is more than enough, even in the storm.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment