Monday, June 3, 2013

Bitter Sweet

Today has been a day of contemplating all things "bitter-sweet".   My regular employment as a nanny for 4 children, will be ending for the summer in just a couple of days.  While I am so looking forward to some time off, one tight hug from the sweet 16 month old had me thinking how this job-ending thing is so bitter sweet.  I love these kids.  They make me smile and laugh on a daily basis.  I have the joy of watching them grow and change and learn new things.  And I get to go home at the end of the day and on the weekends.  And I get the summer off.  Of course, its not all fun and games.  There are the arguments and the homework (which is really a lot harder now then I remembered). Its not quite so hard with the older kids,  They won't change as much over the next couple of months (although it seems like they are growing taller overnight). And they won't forget me.   Its that little guy that is most on my mind.  When my duties resume in August, he will be 19 months old.  He will be a different little boy when I next see him.  Yep, this summer off thing is bitter sweet. 

Isn't it great how Yahweh gives us the "sweet" to balance the "bitter"?  I am so thankful for the sweet things that I haven't stopped to appreciate.  The little things that make a big difference.  The rainbows after the storms.  The light after the dark - the joy after the sorrow.  I'm going to start a list of all the SWEET that is in my world right now.   Tops on my list are my family -Ken, my kids and grandkids.  And today I am especially thankful to have another grandbaby joining our family in February, 2014. Summer after a long winter and vacation after a long year of work are on that list.  That wonderful hug from Michael will be on the list also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment