Friday, December 19, 2014

Another dose of hope....

It has been an interesting couple of days.  I was so grateful to gather with my prayer group friends for fellowship and prayer.  This sweet ornament was a gift from that occasion.  An angel of hope.  Yes, I really needed that message.  And now I can see that reminder each time that I look at my tree. This prayer group is such a gift to me.  I just don't know what I would do without their support and encouragement.  And of course, their prayers.

You know, it is very difficult to walk through a family crisis during a time of celebration - for everyone else.  I have been feeling this even more intensely as Christmas approaches.  Quite frankly, tonight, I would rather it just jump ahead to January.  But then, as I reflect on that thought, I realize that the last thing that I need right now is to skip the most important event in history.  The birth of Jesus - Emmanuel - God with us.  For never has there been a time that I personally, so needed Jesus with me as right now.

....................................................................................................................................
So this blog did not get finished last night, since my computer completely locked up.  Ken received notification that we had "malicious mal ware" on one of our computers....guess which one!  So thankfully, Ken spent many hours last night, scanning and deleting and doing all those "techy" kind of things so that I can have a working system.  And finish this blog.  Yes, I am so thankful for a husband that can step in and help make things right for me (and my computer!)
......................................................................................................................................

Yes, Christmas is a time to gather as family.  To worship and praise with the angels.  But it is also a time when the losses are much more apparent.  When that chair is empty at the family dinner, or there are no presents for that person.  So sometimes, it is just to difficult to gather.  And it is a time to consider making NEW traditions and letting go of some of the old ones.  Sometimes that is just what you need.....a new thing.

There have been many prophetic words about 2015.  All of them focus on the great blessings that 2015 will hold.  Some even talk of the repayment in double of the losses that have been suffered in the last year.  All of them proclaim that 2015 will be a New Year of Great Grace.  So, yes, I am looking forward to stepping into 2015.  There is great hope in a new year.  Hope for fulfilled promises.  Hope for new beginnings.  Hope for blessing and love.  And I am anticipating, with great hope, that new thing.  Yes, Christmas is difficult.  But the spirit of Christmas is love.  So great a love that God sent his son to live among us.  And because of Jesus' death and resurrection, there is great HOPE!   I will purpose to walk through Christmas with that spirit of love bathed in the hope of the new year.

"For God so loved the world that he sent his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16

Thank you for knowing and accepting us right where we are.  Jesus, you never ask us to be anything but true to ourselves.  Thank you for loving me and caring for me, even when things are difficult.  Thank you for family - for the closeness and the love.  Thank you for friends and the prayers that sustain us.  Thank you for wisdom and knowledge to repair computers. Thank you for the amazing gift of a tiny baby that brought heaven to earth.  Thank you for your great promises and the new things that bring us hope.    Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment