Thursday, December 4, 2014

Memorable events...........including this post!

Yesterday was a memorable day.  Lia and Ellie were both in a play "Aladdin - Disney Junior".  Lia has already been in two plays and several dance recitals.  But for little Ellie, this was her first experience on the stage.  Really quite amazing for a kindergarten kid!  Lia is quite the natural singer and dancer on the stage.  You can sure tell that she is in her 6th year of dance lessons when you watch her sing and dance on stage.  Her ballet training carries over to her acting.  And considering that she is only 8 and in 3rd grade, it is quite amazing.  Ellie did exactly what she was supposed to do.  She knew all of her parts and did so well with the singing and dancing.  Yes, I was one proud grandma!

Tonight I was invited to a wonderful women's Christmas celebration at a friend's church.  It was good to just be in a room (with around 300 other women) and look at beautiful Christmas decorations, listen to Christmas music and even sing some carols, and hear a message that resonated with my heart.  The message was that it isn't "Home is where the heart is" the most important thing  is "Who is home in your heart?"  And we are always home with Jesus in our heart.  Yes, that is a very good message that needs repeating and thinking about and remembering.

I realized sometime last week that I was approaching 400 posts on this blog.  In fact THIS IS MY 400TH POST!  Yes, that is memorable.  Considering that I wasn't even sure why I was doing this blog.  Or how long I would continue to do this blog.  Or what the purpose really was for this blog.
Yet, here I am, still blogging and still a bit unsure exactly what Jesus has in mind through my ramblings.  I have mentioned in the past, a couple of statistics about this blog (and I can assure you that I am probably the most surprised about these facts).....I have had readers in 47 countries.  What?  Really?  Yes, that is unbelievable.  And then these people come back, over and over, and continue to read what I put out there.  And they go back and read posts from 2013 or last April.  And I don't get it.  And the numbers of people who read what I write after I post is sometimes in the hundreds.  What? Really?  All this just convinces me that the Holy Spirit is the spreader of this blog.   That is the only explanation.  I began this blog to share the things that Jesus was putting on my heart.  I felt that people needed to hear the messages I was receiving.  So I started writing. With honesty.  And shared exactly where I was in each post.  You have read the good, the bad, and the ugly.  You have shared the high, high times and the extreme low times in my life.  There have been positive comments and there have been negative comments.  And in this writing, I have been blessed.  I have felt the presence of Jesus with every tap of the keyboard.  Sometimes I go back and look at a post from the week before, or the month before and I am amazed at the words.  They don't feel like my words and in that, I know that Jesus is speaking through this blog.  

Thank you for being a part of my life, through this blog.  For reading and considering and meditating on the thoughts on these pages.  Yes, I will be continuing to share, as long as there are words and people reading them.  This is a memorable day.

Jesus, thank you for all you have done in my life through this blog.  Thank you for reminding me that honesty is the hallmark of integrity and you ARE truth!  Holy Spirit, bless all those reading these words.  Bring Jesus into hearts that are hurting and empty and lonely so that they can come home!  And help all of us remember to celebrate the amazing gift of Jesus in our hearts!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment