Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Looking back.....to help me look ahead

I spent some time in the last couple of days, looking at my journals and working to assemble all of the words that I have journaled for 2015.  One of the most interesting things that I found was the paper that is in the front in the picture above.  I am really glad that this paper is actually dated (5/13/07).  It was yet another "rainbow" word.  Yes, there have been many, many rainbows showing up for us.  This revelation has all "R" words that describe the colors of the rainbow...

RED -   Redeemer  (also had PINK - Romance)
ORANGE - Radiance
YELLOW - Reflection
GREEN - Restoration
BLUE - Reward
PURPLE - Royalty

I also saw a particular gifting associated with each color's "R" description.

Redeemer ....Evangelism
Radiance .....Hospitality
Reflection....Prophecy
Restoration...Healing
Reward........Serving
Royalty....... Giving

Most of these make really good sense, on lots of levels.  Red, another symbol for blood, is also often used for Jesus, our redeemer.  And Jesus is the heart of all evangelism.  I love that green is restoration and usually you think of eternal life.  And healing is certainly a big part of the restoration that happens for each of us as we grow in our relationship with Jesus.  I think you can go through each of these "R" words and see the connection to the color and then also understand the tie to the gifting.  I remember that this came to me very suddenly, at night, and I grabbed whatever was on my nightstand to jot these down.  I am so surprised that I didn't rewrite these into a journal.  Or if I DID rewrite this, I am surprised that I kept this paper!  I know that this "Rainbow" word will be on my heart and in my spirit a lot in the next months.  And there is much, much more that I have to share about what is ahead in 2015.  Watch for future blogs!

Today I did a very normal thing....I took down the Christmas decorations.  I had not put up very much so the putting away was really simple.  I have to admit, usually this is one of my least favorite activities.  I love the holidays (usually) and I hate to see the time end.  This year, not so much.  All I can say is that our family walked through this season.  We counted off the days.  There were some really sad times, but there were also some very joyful times.  Today I sighed a big sigh of relief when I moved the last box to the garage.  I am looking forward to moving ahead into January.

Another interesting thing happened today.  I actually got a one day a week nanny job that begins in January!  So it will be good for me to be back in the work force, as well as some extra income.  It was such a blessing that I have been off of work in the last months.  I know that it would have been very difficult for me to keep up with a work schedule.  But I am now looking forward to getting back into a work routine.  And I am so thankful for three days off each week.  Yes, this is a blessing.

Jesus, thank you for revelation.  Mostly, thank you for revelation about rainbows!  Holy Spirit, I love how you work in all things.  Thank you for provision of work and income.  Thank you for helping our family walk through the holidays.  Continue to give us grace and courage to walk on into 2015.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment