Sunday, April 19, 2015

Wow, what a weekend..........

WOW!  Yes, it has been an incredible few days....The conference that I mentioned started on Thursday evening.  One of the best things about this event, was experiencing it in the company of some good friends.  Because, lets face it, everything is better with good friends by your side! 

This was an action packed few days with an unbelievable "menu" of speakers.  The conference space was jammed with people.  Beginning on Thursday evening, the worship was amazing.  My Facebook friends have already seen a picture of an Amish man (who prayed for revival in Indiana and has seen something wonderful happen) who gave a testimony!  

Here are a couple of "snippets" from this weekend.... (and there was so much more than these few words on a page)

"Jesus had to turn His power down just so he could be led away by the soldiers" Dana Morey

"There is a sound,  There is a sound that breaks down.  There is breakthrough!  Patricia King

"Maybe the people wouldn't have wandered in the wilderness for 40 years if they would have just asked their wives for directions!"   Brenda Kilpatrick

"We just saw a miracle! (after a long time of complete silence in a room jammed with people) Silence counts as a miracle when there are over 1000 women in the room!"  Nancy Magiera

"Your light belongs in the darkness"  Patricia King

"God plus nothing equals everything you need"  (can't remember who said this)

"Something is breaking out in Chicago here at HUB.  The Holy Spirit showed up big time this afternoon"   Barbara J. Yoder

"We believe that revival has hit!"  Nancy Magiera

"There is power to break every chain that holds you"   Bonnie Chavda

And then..... from Steve Mitchell (the worship leader)..... 
Angels on a mission, move into position, giving revelation to the daughters of God

Edge of space and time, knowing I was born to cross the line, see the revelation, know the secrets of creation.

And I have to add a special note about Dr Clarice Fluitt.  I confess that prior to this event, I had no idea who she was.  But I think that I needed to hear her talk more than anything else this weekend.  It was actually her 75th birthday but you would never know that she was that old.  What an amazing, anointed women she is.  She spoke for about 40 minutes last night and I have never laughed so hard for so long!  

On Friday, during the afternoon session, I noticed that I had a voicemail from Ken's sister Sue. My phone was on silent so I missed the call.  Ken's father had just died and was finally at peace.  I went out of the meeting and made some phone calls to let Ken, Gwen and Doug know about grandpa's death.  While we were all saddened by this, it was a relief to know the struggle was over.  I am so thankful for my talk with him a couple years ago, that confirmed for me that he is now celebrating in heaven with Jesus!
I found this picture of a Christmas from the early 90's.  This is Ken and his sister Sue with mom and dad.  Yes, I have now added yet another person to my list of deaths in April.  As a matter of fact, that day (April 17) was also the anniversary of the death of my grandmother Nora Toensing.   And today is the 30th anniversary of my dad's death.  
I love this picture of my dad with his sisters.  I am pretty sure that this was taken in 1980 (which would have been my aunt Alice and Agnes (front row) 80th birthday).  This was several years before my dad died.  Yes, it is hard to image that it is 30 years since I have talked to my dad.  

Okay, I know that it might seem so odd to talk about these family deaths along with a report about a spiritual revival happening in Chicago.  But, you know what?  It doesn't seem at all wrong to me.  My feelings about the loss of these special people is much different, knowing what their final destination is.  If anything, it is making me so much more aware of how very important it is to share the good news about Jesus.  

So tonight, back at home, I am still processing everything that I experienced and felt this weekend.  And I am feeling physically tired after several late nights in a row.  I am remembering my father-in-law and memories from so many years with him.  There was no better place for me to be than in the powerful presence of Jesus when I learned about another loss.  

When I walked out of the conference this morning, this was the song that Steve Mitchell was singing....

There is a redeemer,
Jesus, God's own Son,
Precious Lamb of God, Messiah,
Holy One,

Jesus my redeemer,
Name above all names,
Precious Lamb of God, Messiah,
Oh, for sinners slain.

Thank you oh my father,
For giving us Your Son,
And leaving Your Spirit,
'Til the work on Earth is done.

When I stand in Glory,
I will see His face,
And there I'll serve my King forever,
In that Holy Place.

Thank you oh my father,
For giving us Your Son,
And leaving Your Spirit,
'Til the work on Earth is done.

There is a redeemer,
Jesus, God's own Son,
Precious Lamb of God, Messiah,
Holy One,

Thank you oh my father,
For giving us Your Son,
And leaving Your Spirit,
'Til the work on Earth is done.

And leaving Your Spirit,
'Till the work on Earth is done.


There was no better way to end this weekend.  I was singing this song all the way home.  And I am still singing it now.  And I am thinking about this verse..

When I stand in Glory,
I will see His face,
And there I'll serve my King forever,
In that Holy Place.

And I am so thankful and filled with hope and joy.  One day, I will be in that place, with my mom, my dad, my father-in-law, my sister, my grandmother, sweet little Lucas, and so many others....serving my King forever.

Jesus, your ways are perfect.  I am so thankful for the plans and purpose and destiny that you have for each of us.  Thank you for the amazing revival you are pouring out on the Chicago area.  Bless all of the speakers, Nancy and Hank Magiera and the entire Chicago HUB staff.  Continue to draw people into your loving family.  Thank you for laughter and joy and friends.   Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment