Thursday, August 27, 2015

"Every river has a mouth"

Last night I had the chance to hear a truly amazing lady, Dr. Clarice Fluitt.  If you click on her name, you will get to her web site.  I first heard her at a conference last spring and all I will say is that I have never laughed so hard at any speaker.  She talks FAST and sometimes LOUD.  In her stream of talking last night, she said the words that are the title of this blog.....  "every river has a mouth".
This is my family at the "headwaters" of the Mississippi River.   I have thought often about this spot. But until last night, I never really thought about the MOUTH of the river.  

Dr. Clarice was talking about John 7:38 where Jesus said, "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them".   And she concluded with this statement.. every river has a mouth!  WOW!  She was setting the stage for her next point.  If you want those rivers of living water to flow out from you, you have to open your MOUTH!  

Well, today this really hit me.  John 7:38 is my "life verse".  And I always know when Jesus is trying to get my attention, this verse will show up.  I have never, ever thought about the connection between the mouth and the river flowing.  According to the actual definition of the "mouth of a river" it is the point of connection for a river to another river, a lake or an ocean.  And if there is no connection to another body of water - a mouth - than it is NOT a river.  In order to be a river, the water must be flowing and there must be a mouth for the river to flow!   Okay, I am supposing some of you out there are saying, "Duh"!  How could you not have thought about this before?  It makes this life verse DEPENDENT on my mouth!  I need to be speaking and sharing and telling.  I need to let my testimony be a part of my conversation.  Don't we all?  

I began this blog over two years ago BECAUSE I needed a platform to share everything that seemed to be bottled up inside of me.  And this blog has become my mouth in many ways.  I am using these posts to let that river flow!  As I have been doing that, there has been more much more "springing up" into my spirit.  Just like those underground springs that feed the Mississippi River, the Holy Spirit has been filling me up.  

My encouragement to you all today, is to open your mouth and let that river flow!  You will be a blessing to others, and you will be blessed! Don't forget that this is the plan, purpose and destiny for all of us!  

Jesus, thank you for Dr. Clarice and all the wisdom that she shared.  Thank you Holy Spirit, for reminding me of this powerful word and showing me the impact in my life.   Give us all courage and boldness to open our mouths so that you river of living water can flow out of us!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment