Sunday, August 30, 2015

Memories of a long ago trip....and another bit from Wednesday night!


On Friday night, Ken and I had dinner with Doug and Susie, followed by a wonderful time seeing their photos from their recent trip out west.  They got some amazing pictures!  And I couldn't help but remember my trip through Yellowstone and Glacier on my family vacation to Spokane to visit my aunt and uncle.  I was thinking of this picture of my mom, me and my aunt Bee from that vacation.  This was the only "real" vacation I ever went on with my family (other than going to the Lake).  Sadly, what I remember most about this trip was being crammed in the middle of the back seat (between my mom and my brother, since Aunt Bee needed to ride in the front seat).  On the entire trip to Spokane, I was miserable with an abscessed tooth.  As soon as we got to my Aunt's house, a trip to the dentist, a pulled tooth, and antibiotics and I was feeling much better.   I was almost 9 years old on this trip, so I remember the "important" sights.....Old Faithful, seeing snow in June, the mountains, Mt. Rushmore, and actually meeting my aunt and uncle for the first time (and sadly, the only time I ever got to see them).  Yes, seeing Doug and Susie's pictures made it clear that Ken and I will be putting a trip out west on our "bucket list".

In my last blog I shared about a meeting I attended on Wednesday night with Dr. Clarice Fluitt.   I have a page of "one liners" that I have been meditating on, turning over in my spirit, thinking about and just reading - over and over.  So I decided to just shoot them off to all of you, so that YOU can be meditating, turning over, thinking about and reading.  So here goes....

*change the atmosphere - choose to use your words.
*your participation is REQUIRED not REQUESTED
*you are the disguise of God - He is hidden within us
*be a thermostat - not a thermometer.   Set the atmosphere - don't report it.
*don't wait till it is too late......live in heaven NOW on earth.
*the church is waiting for God to do what God is waiting for the church to do!
*the root of the word culture is CULT!
*live FULL and die EMPTY
*say it in don't just pray it in (use your VOICE)
*be expecting God to do something through you rather than TO you.
*if you are called to be an overcomer you have a lot to over come!

Seeing that list....all I can say is WOW!  Sometimes you come away from a meeting with only one or two thoughts.  Obviously that was not the case with this meeting!  I encourage you to read through those one liners.  Listen to the Holy Spirit and I know that you will be blessed by these words of wisdom!

Jesus, thank you for time with family that includes sharing food and also wonderful photos.  Thank you for providing time  for Doug and Susie to rest and recharge while away enjoying nature.  Holy Spirit, use these amazing "one liners" from Dr.Clarice to bless and encourage us.  Speak your heart and message into us through them.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment