Thursday, August 6, 2015

Shadows - the bad and the good!

So today I had, once again, a battle over this shadow.  Take a close look at the shadow on the driveway.  But more than that notice the tree.  It is a VERY LARGE tree and it is in our neighbors yard.  The branches hang very close to our cars when they are parked in the driveway.  And more than that, it is a messy, messy tree.  It sheds bark off of the trunk that ends up in our driveway and our yard.  It ALWAYS is dropping leaves.  Not just in the fall.  These LARGE leaves end up - you guessed it - in our driveway and our yard.  We are seriously afraid that one day we will end up with a branch through our roof or crushing one of our cars.   During the very scary storm on Sunday night, I was waiting for the loud crash of that tree coming down on our yard.  Ken and I have tried over and over to get the owner of the house (it is a rental) to cut down that tree or at the very least trim it.  But he seems very unwilling to do anything about it.  The tree is within feet of our driveway so the neighbors yard and driveway is not effected.  It is very frustrating.  Today I tried to deal with our homeowners association to get some assistance with this problem.  Unfortunately, it was not very successful.  I really don't like that shadow over our driveway!

But this morning I saw the following post from The Passion Translation..........

I hear His whisper..."Sit enthroned under My shadow"
"I have a glory waiting for you. It is the glory beneath My shadow, the glory of My presence. Hidden in My heart you are invited to come and sit enthroned under My shadow. Come closer.
There is a place where the enemy cannot touch you, or even find you. It is seated next to Me. It is real and it is your true home. I will shrink the distance between us as you pour out your heart in longing for Me. Let pure worship draw you near. Let passion for My presence keep you next to Me. Over you My glory will protect and mature your soul. How secure you will be as you live next to Me!
When you are under pressure, feeling confused about life--come to Me. When heartache and pain crowds into your soul, come and sit enthroned under My shadow. I will nurture your soul as a parent cares for a tender child. Do you long to see Me, to know Me, to experience My peace? My heart has become Your home. There is no greater love than the love I have for you, My beloved child. In My heart you will discover all that you desire, for I am your Father."
Psalm 91:1-4 The Passion Translation
When you sit enthroned under the shadow of Shaddai,
you are hidden in the strength of God Most High.
²He’s the hope that holds me, and the Stronghold to shelter me,
the only God for me, and my great Confidence.
³And he will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy,
and he will protect you from false accusation and any deadly curse.
⁴His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you.
You can run under his covering of majesty and hide.
His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm.

Yes!  That is the shadow that I need to be focusing on!  I love that when I am struggling with something, Jesus is right there to speak into my place of frustration.  After I got off of the phone with the homeowners association, I could feel my blood pressure rising.  And then, like a flash, I remembered this post that I had read this morning.  I was able to go back to those words and rejoice in that shadow, the glory shadow of His presence!  And I did exactly what those words said.  When I was under pressure and feeling confused, I ran to Jesus.  What a comfort.

I can't tell you how much The Passion Translation has blessed my life.  Over and over the words touch deep places in my spirit.   Today I am extremely grateful for these words about an amazing, wonderful shadow that is just waiting there for me.  I encourage you to go back and re-read those words.  Let them sink in and picture that place in your imagination.  You just never know when you will need that place!

Jesus, thank you for meeting me during those times when I am NOT drawing near to you.  Thank you for your provision of words of comfort when we most need them.  Holy Spirit, thank you for reminding me of the words I had read, just when I was furthest away from you.  Jesus, help me to stay in the shadow of your presence!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment