Sunday, August 16, 2015

I've missed a few days here lately..........

Some people have mentioned that I have been blogging less in the last couple of months.  I have been thinking about this, and while thinking about why I haven't been blogging, I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING EVEN LESS!  There must be a lesson in this, but right now, I am not getting it!  My excuse for the last several days is a good one!  I've been away on a Scrapbook Weekend!  Now in full disclosure, I had my computer with me. And I was actually using my computer (a little bit).  But there was just not time to "waste" on writing a blog post.  I'm kidding here, but honestly, I completed a record breaking 78 pages this weekend!  And that is a lot of paper, cutting, taping, writing and page designing going on. I am still very far behind (think 2013 November) but I am now 78 pages closer to catching up!  

Another project that I worked on this weekend was a "Prayer Flag" for August 19, 2015 Day of Hope,  If you click on that link, you will find out more about this event, as well as more information from the blog of CarlyMarie and Project Heal.  Here is the introduction paragraph about these prayer flags....     

 The August 19th – Day of Hope Prayer Flag Project is a profoundly moving, poignant and healing event that was created to help inspire people who have experienced the death of a baby or child to create meaning amongst their grief. Not only is this project an incredibly touching way to honour these children’s lives, it also helps to break the silence surrounding the death of babies and children. Each year we have thousands of people taking part across the globe, making this a truly inspiring event.
We invite you all to make a Prayer Flag in memory of your children that have died. When you make your Prayer Flag, you honour your own personal journey and you can reflect on your grief and healing as well. On August 19th we will be stringing our Prayer Flags up in our homes, gardens or places that are significant to us, all over the world. We will then be sharing them in photographs and video clips with the rest of the world through social media.

This event is truly worldwide.  Project Hope is actually located in Australia. By Wednesday there will be posts (with pictures of prayer flags) from all over the world.  After Susie "invited" me to this event, I knew that I needed to take the time to create my own prayer flag to honor Lucas.  I actually changed the design of this prayer flag many, many times. But as I put the finishing touches on this prayer flag, I knew that it was exactly right.

The background is white.  Lucas' time with us was filled with joy and brightness and light.  His life expanded the love in our family.  The hearts are "broken" by the words - remembered, missed, loved, cherished - yet Lucas Jacob is filling our hearts and will always be in our hearts. But the hearts are "marked" but they are not falling apart.  There is a fish on my prayer flag, the earliest symbol for believers in Jesus.  Jesus is right there, with Lucas and Lucas is right there with Jesus.  The entire banner is filled with and surrounded by rainbows.  Rainbows represent the covenant promise of God that is the symbol of  HOPE!  And hope had been my constant companion through this journey of grief since Lucas' death.  And hope is the emotion that fills me as I look at this prayer flag.  

I am so thankful for the hope that I have in Jesus and His promises.  No matter what this world brings, Jesus reigns over it all.  I was just thinking of the old hymn "My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less"

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874



1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.


Yes, on Jesus, I must stand.  When you are going through terrible things, scary things, uncertain times, worry, cares, financial trouble - whatever is coming at you - there is no other place to be than standing on Jesus.   You will not be standing firm anywhere else.  I love the word picture in this hymn of the sinking sand.  Without Jesus, losing Lucas would have certainly been sinking sand.  A place of grief that may have just swallowed us up.   As I read through the words of this hymn, I know that I have been living this hymn in the last 9 months.  Because of the unchanging grace of Jesus, because of the oath, covenant and blood of Jesus, I have been supported.  And Jesus is ALL my HOPE!    

Yes, it has been a busy few days, but I have 78 completed scrapbook pages and this amazing prayer flag.  More than that, even when I have been away from blogging, I have been listening and hearing from Jesus.  So while my blogs have been scattered and days apart, view it as a "pause" rather than a "stop".  I know that I will be continuing on blogging in the days ahead.  So just stick with me please! I feel as if I am just crossing over into new territory.  I don't know exactly what that means, or what is ahead, but I am excited!  So stay tuned!

Jesus, thank you for a wonderful time away with good friends.  Holy Spirit, thank you for prodding me on as I worked on the prayer flag.  Comfort and encourage all those working on their own prayer flags.  Thank you for CarlyMarie and Project Heal.  Bless her work, Jesus  Continue to speak to us through the words of old hymns, through your Word, and also through others.  And Jesus, thank you for hope!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment