Friday, August 21, 2015

I walked a "gizilion" miles today!

I had the best day today!  I know that I don't often start off my blogs this way, and I am thinking that I need to celebrate more great days with that statement!  Today I indulged one of my very big "hobbies" - Scrapbooking!
How fortunate was it that this amazing event was quite close to my house?  Another perk of living near to a big city.  So, all by myself, I decided to venture out to the large convention center where this event was held.  When I got there, it took me about 15 minutes to find a place to park.  And I ended up in the back parking lot as far away from the door as you could get.  And then when I finally got inside, there was a long, long line to get to the expo!
Needless to say, I got inside those doors, and then the fun began!  I really had a wonderful time, shopping around at each vendor.  I waited in line to do a "make and take" (you get to actually make a project and take it with you) of a really pretty two page spread.  I found lots of great deals and saw some amazing new products.  Near the end of my time shopping, a scrapper friend of mine joined me and we had a great time spending lots of HER money!  I found a couple of additional items for myself also.  Here is a peak at all of my amazing loot!
After walking all around the expo and then all the way back to my car, I think I walked a "gazilion" miles!  But wow, what a way to get your exercise!

Being in a huge group of people, all by yourself, you really get a chance to look around and see things from a different perspective.  I saw lots of groups of friends.  I know those groups, because I have them!  These are the people that you love to be with while your are engaging in your passion because they share that same passion.  Age doesn't matter.  It's all about the activity.  Then there were the "mother-daughter" and "sister-sister" groups.  You could pick them out at a glance.  I know these groups also!  I saw really young girls all the way up to very old "grandma's".  And I noticed something.........even though I was alone, I didn't FEEL that way!  It was because I really wanted to be there and I was just enjoying the event!  Well, there is my lesson of the day.  

We can make a decision with our feelings.  We can all decide to embrace each day and see it for all that it is.  Each activity or event - or even NON event (you know those mundane, normal things that fill most of our days) can be celebrated.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to end each day saying, "I had the best day today"?  I am going to make this my new mantra!  I am convinced that there is a life lesson for me in this.  So today I got a new direction to follow, AND lots of great new scrap stuff!

Jesus, thank you for this great day.  Holy Spirit, help me to continue to choose to make each day the best that it can be.  Bless all of those fellow scrappers as they continue to shop and crop and make and take.  Fill that place with peace and grace and lots of laughter and smiles.  Help us all to make each day, the BEST day ever!  Thank you Jesus for knowing the little things that make each of us smile.  Amen

PS - I had a really amazing dream last night that I will be sharing tomorrow.  I am still "sitting" on it and letting the deeper meaning sink in.  But I wanted to include this little "teaser" so that I don't skip over sharing this important message! So stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment