Friday, March 28, 2014

Back to blogging.......pressing through into April

I've been off of the blogging train for the last couple of weeks.   It all started when I got sick.  Really sick and tired.  And sick and tired of being sick and tired.   I am still coughing and taking some over the counter medicines.   Over the last week or so I have been thinking a lot about this blog and all of the topics I have covered in the last 11 months.   The funny thing is that the more I thought about blogging, the less I was motivated to blog.   I considered all of the reasons that this might be happening.  But I really couldn't settle on any one thing.  But then I was looking at my calendar and I had this revelation................. April is a very hard month for me. 

I know that the last thing I blogged was wondering where Spring was!  And April should signal the start of Spring - or at least closer to a more usual Spring like temperature.   I used to love the month of April.  I had always dreamed of having a baby in April.  I thought it was the perfect month.   Alas, that was not to be, I had one March baby and one May baby.   Now I am quite happy that things worked out this way.  

So why is April hard for me?  Well, I have lost my dad, my sister and my mom, and my mother-in-law in April.   And I suppose that this should not really change my view of the entire month, but I think it is good for me to understand why I sort of dread April.   Once I began to understand this, I have decided to embrace and celebrate and remember and share for the entire month of April.   So get ready! 

During the last several weeks of "blog silence" (or near silence), along with sickness, I have had some amazing times of prayer, worship and revelations.   I have felt the power of people lifting me up in prayer.  I have felt the arms of Jesus holding me and healing me.   And I have spent some wonderful time considering my Bible readings from the Psalms to Revelation.   There have been so many little important lessons that I have learned.  I know that you will be hearing some of these in the month ahead. 

For now, March is coming to an end and April is just around the corner.  I am praying that you stay with me as I move on through April!  Jesus, thank you for all of the months you have given me.  Thank you for this blog and all that read these words.   Thank you for the promise of Springtime and the ability to celebrate even the tough times.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment