Saturday, March 1, 2014

A really special day.......God Bless Anna!

 
Today was Anna's baptism.  It was a wonderful family and friends event.  Anna was just amazing.  I don't think anyone heard her cry during the entire 3 hour event.  She was passed around and cuddled and jostled this way and that.   There were a bunch of kids (15 I think) running around, playing, shouting, laughing, and sometimes crying.  And Anna didn't even seem to notice.  She slept in the arms that she happened to find herself.  Every time I looked at her, I thought about Gwen.  She looks very much like her mama! 
This picture of Gwen was on the day we came home from the hospital.  I thought that Lia looked a lot like Gwen, but I think Anna even looks more like her.   Confession here -  I called Lia "Gwen" more than one time today.  (I think I AM turning into my mother!) So I expect that will be happening in the future with Anna also.

Gwen and her friend Kyle sang the song "Remember Me" to begin the Baptismal service.  I just love the words to this song.  I believe that this is the same song that was sung at each of the kid's baptisms.  So much of this special event is about remembering.  I love that any time I attend a baptism I think about my children's baptism and also my own baptism.  And I think about exactly what God does in baptism. What an amazing gift we receive as we are welcomed into the family of God and receive the Holy Spirit.    Here are the lyrics of the song..... "Remember Me". 
 
Remember me   In a Bible cracked and faded by the years
Remember me   In a sanctuary filled with silent prayers
 
And age to age   And heart to heart
Bound by grace and peace
Child of wonder, Child of God
I'll remember you   Remember Me
 
Remember me   When the color of the sunset fills the sky
Remember me   When you pray and the tears of joy
fall from your eyes
 
Remember me   When the children leave their Sunday school with smiles
Remember me   When they're old enough to teach
Old enough to preach  Old enough to leave
 
Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God
Remember me
Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God
 
 
What a special day with family and friends.  I feel so blessed tonight.  I love that we can remember and celebrate the gift of baptism.  God bless Annaleigh Ellen Johnson, child of God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment