Monday, May 18, 2015

41 years ago..........(and 2 years ago!)

Wow!  Forty One years is a long time!  That's right.....Ken and I have been married 41 years....today is our anniversary.  Look at those young faces!  And notice the very 70's style.  Ken's yellow ruffled shirt and the flowers on my dress.  The weather 41 years ago was nothing like today.  It was a cold, dreary, foggy morning that became a very long, drenching downpour.  The roof of the church leaked (on the grooms side of the aisle) and people got wet. The Pastor delayed the wedding for several minutes because people were waiting in their cars for the rain to let up.  By the end of the wedding the sun had come out and it turned out to be an okay evening.  My mom kept on saying "Happy is the bride that it rains on!".  I can't imagine where that saying came from (except that it rains a lot in May and June... the two busiest wedding months).  I can not begin to list all of the ways that our marriage has been blessed.  And now we are starting to think about retirement and what that might look like for us.  Where did the years go?  A few interesting facts about our last 41 years......
+++We have only lived in 4 different places!  That is pretty amazing!
+++We were married just shy of 5 years when Gwen was born.
+++Our first trip out of the country was last year when we went to Canada for our 40th.
+++We have never been on a cruise and don't plan to ever go on a cruise.
+++We took Gwen and Doug to both Disneyland and Disneyworld.
That is what came to my mind as I was writing this blog.  I am sure that there are many other things that I could share, but this is what I thought of!

The other interesting "Anniversary" that falls on this date, is this is the two year anniversary of this blog!  I started this blog on May 18, 2013.  This is the 478th Blog post.  I just never thought that I would still be writing this blog!  It has been such an amazing two year adventure for me.  I have connected with people all over the world.  I know that Jesus has used this blog to reach people in ways that I never imagined.  When I was told by a prophet that I would "go to the nations", this was not the picture that came to my mind.  Yet I know that this is exactly what Jesus wants me to do.  This blog has also been healing and enriching for me.  It is my journal and my memories and my thoughts and ideas.  It is what the Holy Spirit is speaking to me.  I have shared the highs and the lows of my life WITH HONESTY.  When things are good, you will hear about it.  And when tragedy strikes, you hear about that also.  But in the midst of the good and the bad, you will also hear how Jesus is sustaining me.  And you might also benefit from the lessons that I am learning.  I have grown so much in these two years.  I have a better understanding of my past generations and I also have a greater appreciation for the future generations.  Last November, after the death of my 10 day old grandson, I was overwhelmed by the love and support that this blog generated.  Even months after this tragedy, I have been getting messages and comments from people that I only know because of this blog.  I will tell you that I pray daily for every person who happens onto this blog. I pray that you will see the love of Jesus and the hope that I have because of his life, death and resurrection.    I don't know what is ahead.  I don't know if I will continue to write this blog for another year or even another month.  Only Jesus knows how long this blog will continue.

Today is a day of great thanksgiving and also great love.  Forty one years of marriage and two years of blogging.  Yes, May 18th is a good day!

Jesus, thank you so much for Ken and the plan and destiny you have for us and for our children and grandchildren.  Holy Spirit, speak to each person who reads this blog.  Reveal the great love of Jesus to them and draw them closer to you!  Thank you for the internet and this blog.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment