Friday, May 8, 2015

Even though it's Mother's Day weekend, it looks a bit like Father's Day around here!

So on Thursday, Ken and I actually got something that Ken has been wanting for quite some time.  A Weber Grill.  We were able to get a really good deal on this gas grill and many accessories from a friend of Kens.  The only real problem was how do we get it home?  Now if you are like us and don't own a minivan or an SUV, you know that this is a real problem!  Thankfully, we have children that have large vehicles and they are willing to lend them to us.  So we picked up Doug and Susie's large Jeep and borrowed it for a day.  Ken took a day off of work and we picked up the grill.   Then came the assembly........
I had threatened to leave the house during the assembly, but Ken managed to do this in a relatively short time.  We have not yet moved it out of the garage and into the back yard and have not yet installed the gas tank, but it is all together.  And then we were left with this.........
  
Lots of recycling!  But, in the end, I am also so happy to have a reliable grill that will not need to be replaced in a year.  We use our grill often, even during the colder months, so I admit, this is something that I will also enjoy.  So, I will call it a bit of a "Mother's Day" treat!  I am looking forward to some yummy grilling in the days ahead.

I have been a bit "behind" on blogging over the last weeks and frankly, the reason is that my allergies have just been terrible!  I sort of feel like I've been hit by a truck!  I am tired and my head feels like it weighs tons. So it has been hard to turn on the computer and write a blog.  I just saw today that the tree pollen counts are higher than they have seen for the last 20 years!  Well, I guess that explains the way I have been feeling!   Today I saw this picture on Facebook and it really struck me....
I admit that I stopped and thought about this for a minute.  And then I looked up the passage.  I understand what was being said, but there is so much in those two verses that are not summed up in that sentence.  Nonetheless, I still love this sentence.  Yes, It was amazing love that Jesus has for us, and he did give up everything to show that amazing love to us.  I have been letting the presence of Jesus just really seep into my soul over these last few days.  When you are not feeling well and you can't really do much else, it is really powerful to just let the presence take care of things.  And since I am feeling better I know that that presence has been love and healing!  What a gift.  I am behind in blogging, but wait for tomorrows update on my "date" today with Zeke!

Jesus, thank you for meeting me during this time of not feeling very well.  Thank you for provision through friends beyond our needs to our wants! Holy Spirit help us to remember, even during those times when things are not going so well, that you gave up everything for us.  Jesus, being in your presence is the greatest gift.  Thank you for your love!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment