Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Where did the time go?????

Yesterday was Gwen's birthday.  She is old enough that I will not say exactly how old she is, but let's just say, I can't believe how old she is.  Wasn't I just that age, like yesterday?  I love this picture of Gwen's 3rd birthday.  It is special since Doug was just a bit shy of 2 months old.  This party would not have happened without the help of a good friend who basically took care of Doug the entire morning. And I have this picture, thanks to her!  I think we had 8 little friends for a morning party.  It was the first of many kid parties.  I love this picture also, because of the art work (thanks to Agape preschool) on the refrigerator.

Unfortunately, Gwen did not have a very good birthday yesterday.  Lia's sickness from Thursday of last week, next hit Ellie on Saturday, followed by Zeke and Anna at the same time on Sunday night.  And then, during the night (actually the wee hours of Monday morning) both Tim and Gwen got the dreaded stomach virus.  It was so bad on Monday morning that Lia actually volunteered to stay home from school to watch Zeke and Anna.  Needless to say, both Lia and Ellie made it to the bus.  Thankfully, both Zeke and Anna were exhausted from their interrupted sleep on Sunday night, and they took long naps.  So Gwen and Tim were able to just lay on the sofa most of the day.  Gwen was finally able to eat a few bites of dinner and a couple of bites of her "birthday cookie cake".  Today she was just glad that yesterday had passed and happy to be feeling better today.

Today I was reading from Psalm 62, which was titled (in the Passion Translation) "Unshakable Faith". I know that Jesus knew that I really needed this today.......

I am standing in absolute stillness, silent before the one I love;
waiting as long as it takes for Him to rescue me.
Only God is my Savior and He will not fail me.  
For he alone is my Safe Place.
His wrap-around presence always protects me.
As my Champion-Defender; there's no risk of failure with Him!
So why would I let worry paralyze me, even when troubles multiply around me?
God's Glory is all around me! His wrap-around presence is all I need, for the Lord is my Savior!

I kind of got stuck on the first line.  I WISH I was standing in absolute stillness.  And I WISH I has silent before Him.  I really didn't feel like I was standing.  In fact I kind of felt flat on my face.  I was not being still either.  As a matter of fact, I was really not silent either.  I was in a spot of crying out to Jesus and telling Him that I really didn't understand why things were not turning out as I had prayed.   I wish that I could say that his peace was immediate..... but it took a while to feel that wrap-around presence.  But I did feel it.  And even as I typed in those words tonight, I felt it again.  I am so thankful for Scripture that is alive and speaks to us!

Jesus, thank you so much for Gwen and all that you have for her in the years ahead!  Thank you for the destiny you have for her and Tim.  Thank you for restored health in their household.  Holy Spirit, thank you for reminding me to go to scripture when I feel shaken.  Jesus, thank you for your warp-around presence!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment