Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekend in the sun......and time with the Son....

I got to spend lots of time with the grandkids this past "busy" week, and that included getting to play with Anna and Zeke. I mentioned in a previous blog that Anna was determined to get on her riding toy.  Well she was just as determined to sit in this plastic kids chair.  And it was not easy.  But, just as with the riding toy, she was determined.  And in this case it wasn't enough just to sit in the chair, she needed to have her sunglasses and her phone (I guess 1 is old enough to need that phone!!) and her bear.  Now this was a several hour adventure.  In and out of that chair (with a little help from grandma, I admit).  Drop the phone, drop the sunglasses, drop the bear, cry, struggle to get down (cue grandma's help), pick up the phone, pick up the sunglasses, pick up the bear and start the process all over again.  But she did not give up.  She continued to attempt this over and over and over.  

When she finally got a bit tired of the process, she would look to me for help.  She needed that phone opened up (it's an older style flip phone), or she needed her sunglasses on (which always required a bit of help from grandma), or she dropped the bear and needed it back on her lap.  
And when I looked at this picture, I was thinking about Anna and who she will become in the years ahead.  She will be a mover and shaker who will not be stopped.  A lot like her older brother and sisters!

On Friday evening I went to the Chicago HUB meetings that are still continuing on (after the "end" of the conference 2 weeks ago).  It was a time of again being in the presence of Jesus.  There has been a shift in the atmosphere over these weeks.  There is a new sound that is the melding together of the intimate presence of Jesus with the strong desire to share this with others.  Certainly Jesus is up to something in the Chicago area.  It is time for everyone to be ready to share the Gospel message.  And we were all encouraged to think about and write down a brief statement of our own testimony that we could share with others.

Now with total honesty (and I am remembering that I promised honesty on this blog), over the last 20 years, I would have said that I am not an Evangelist and I don't feel called in any way to share the Gospel.  On Friday night I realized just how FALSE that statement was!  In fact, my testimony begins with the dream I had about Jesus when I was four.  In that dream, Jesus told me exactly who he was and then he told me that I was to TELL EVERYONE ABOUT HIM!  I was really brought to a stop when I was ever so gently reminded by the Holy Spirit of that fact!  HELLO!  That is a call to Evangelism!  So yes, I will need to be writing down that brief statement and learning more about what is happening through the Holy Spirit.

Saturday was a glorious day of sunshine and warm temperatures.  Ken and I actually bought a patio set and enjoyed time sitting outside.  Today started off sunny and warm but around noon, it clouded up and rain began.  But as I was reflecting on these past few days, I remembered Anna and that determination to accomplish a very big (for her) task.  I know that moving ahead. as the Holy Spirit leads will not be something that I can do in my own strength. But I also know that it is easy to just give up and feel that you are not able to make a difference.  Isn't it interesting that satan kept me from talking about Jesus for years and years, yet it was exactly what I was supposed to be doing?  Just like Anna, I am determined to grow and change and learn new things.  Yes, there is a new sound and a new atmosphere around here.  I can't wait to see what is ahead!

Jesus, thank you for your presence that calls us each to draw up close to you.  Holy Spirit thank you for showing me how deceived I have been about the call and destiny that Jesus has for me.  Please give grace to all who are reading this to be willing to see and hear the truth.  Thank you Jesus for Anna and all that she is learning and experiencing.  Thank you for sunshine and warm weather and rain that brings forth flowers.  Thank you for the new sound and the shift in the atmosphere!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment