Monday, May 5, 2014

Bit about my Sunday.......... and a teaser for a couple of future blogs!

First of all, Happy Birthday (Yesterday) to my sweet Gwen!  I love the look on her face in this picture.  She was not so happy about that cake.  Another interesting thing is that the table and hutch shown in this picture, are now residing in Gwen's house!  Even after all these years....(Sorry Gwen, but you are 35 years old! Sigh...) As a mom you can't help but remember and think about the day your babies are born.  While I didn't get to spend the day with Gwen, we were together on Saturday and have lots of family time planned in the month of May. 

So, after a day of usual Sunday things like shopping and laundry, I decided to go to the HUB meeting.  I had seen an email about the guest speaker, but his name was not familiar to me.  I know from past experience that it simply doesn't matter!  These meetings are always so worth it!  First, the worship is always amazing.  It is a time and place to be in the presence of the Lord and rest.  It is also a place to receive.  The guest speaker was Charlie Shamp.  (Click on his name for information and to watch some incredible videos!)  On the Home page there is a note about last nights meeting.  Frankly, I have so much to share, I don't really know where to begin....

The worship was............heavenly.  The minute I walked in, I felt that there was a message that I would hear.  And I was not disappointed.  It started in the worship...

The first prophetic worship song included these words...........
I sit at your feet, I lean back and drink from your cup, I hear your heartbeat, I melt in your peace
Your love is so deep, more than I can stand, its overwhelming.

I will talk a bit more about this song in a later blog, but for now, lets just say I was transported to that place during this song.  Sitting at the feet of Jesus, leaning into him.  WOW!  And then the worship team moved on.

The next worship song began.... This is an "Upside Down Kingdom".  The world is moving fast and you are right on time.   And then in the middle of the set, the line that stopped me and I knew it was an answer to a question I had been asking.....  "You haven't missed your chance".    Yes, this sent an arrow right into my spirit.   The next line I heard (sometime later) was "Let your living waters flow"

At that exact moment I was hearing (in my right ear) "It's not too late" but in my left ear I was hearing "It's dead, it's too late.....just pull the plug".  Okay, I know that it sounds weird that I was hearing a different thing in each ear, but that is how I perceived this hearing.  And then very clearly I heard, YES - PULL THE PLUG!  RELEASE THOSE STREAMS OF LIVING WATER FROM WITHIN YOU!  LET THAT LIVING WATER FLOW!  And just as I was hearing that, Nancy (the leader of HUB) came to the microphone and talked about the living water flowing out. 

Isn't it interesting how you get a totally different message from the same three words?  Pull the plug!  On one hand it means a death and an ending.  But (thinking of the bathtub) pull the plug, just means let the water flow!   A very different perspective.   It really gave me a renewed sense of purpose and destiny..... it was a great affirmation for me.   I have been wondering if the last few years that have seemed as if I have been stagnant had caused me to miss my chance!  I don't know what exactly that means, but I have been feeling that way.  Like I've missed something.  That is, until last night.  It was a wonderful affirming message and it was not just for me! 

So I encourage you all to sit a moment and take in the message that you haven't missed your chance.  It is not too late.  Pull the plug and let the living water flow out of your belly.   Just meditate on these seemingly little things.  I believe that many of us will feel a new release as we meditate on this message.  

I realize that I haven't even begun to share about the meeting and Charlie Shamp.  I encourage you to come back over the next couple of days, as I share more about the rest of the night! 

Jesus, thank you for HUB and Nancy and all that are a part of that ministry.  Continue to pour out your favor and your blessing over them.   Thank you for Charlie Shamp and his heart for your glory and your presence.  Holy Spirit, remind us all to think about the simple message I heard and help us to take it in and process it.  Jesus, thank you for Gwen and all that she has brought to Ken and I.  Continue to bless her and her family.   Jesus, thank you for your living water that flows from your throne!   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment