Sunday, May 18, 2014

Celebrating another anniversary....One year of this Blog!

Yes, today is actually my 40th Wedding Anniversary. (See yesterdays Blog)  It is also the 1st Anniversary of this Blog!
 
This really doesn't seem possible!  I can't believe that I have somehow managed to put words on the page for a full year.  Quite honestly (and remember I promised honesty when I started this blog), I really didn't know how long I would be doing this blog.  But I can assure you that I have no plans to stop writing.   And here's why. I have been so blessed by the readers of this blog.  The wonderful comments, the numbers who faithfully read every blog, and the ones who send me a message and ask why I haven't blogged for a few days.  I have mentioned a couple of times some of the stats on this blog, but in honor of the anniversary, here are few more. 
 
*TOTAL BLOG READS...........14,997 (Yes, almost 15,000) This just amazes me.  I know some really big and important blogs have over a million hits, but I just never expected this many reads.
 
*TOP 10 AUDIENCE COUNTRIES.........US, Sweden, Russia, Indonesia, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Kenya, Netherlands, Serbia.    I just can't wrap my head around this.  And the truth is that my blog has been read in 44 Countries!   Now this is not about me.  I know that.  I am just so amazed that somehow, people in these other countries, find my blog.  The only explanation is that the Holy Spirit draws exactly the right people to my blog.  I am shocked at how many of these people choose to "follow" my blog and get email notification when I post.   Really???  They care about my ramblings and my family and the odd things that happen in my life?  They want to hear what Jesus has been speaking to me?????  Frankly, I am just dumbstruck at this.   I might have said this before but isn't it amazing that I have managed to "speak" to people in 44 countries.....all over the world? Without ever leaving my bedroom in Illinois?  I just love that we are so blessed to be living in the age of the Internet.  And I love that Jesus has given me a way to fulfill, in a small way, my destiny to "Go to the Nations". 
 
*MOST READ BLOG "What I learned in Vacation Bible School" from July 13, 2013.  I don't know what key word, or exactly what is in that post, but almost every week, there is a new hit on that page.  In close second is "Celebrating an amazing life" from February 10, 2014.  This blog was to honor a dear friend from Kenya who passed away. This was just about me sharing my emotions on that day.  But it somehow touched people 1/2 a world away.  I am so blessed by these dear people. 
 
*MOST USED BROWSER TO ACCESS BLOG.....Firefox.  I was surprised at this stat.  I assumed it would be Safari or Internet Explorer.  And the list contains names I can't even pronounce.  Interesting! 
 
For me, I have really learned how much my present has been influenced by my ancestors.  I have learned how much my life is exactly what Jesus has planned.  I am who I am because of the prayers and the actions of my great -great grandparents.  And this has caused me to look forward to the future.  It doesn't seem silly or ridiculous anymore to pray for each of the future spouses for my grandchildren.  I am so blessed with a new understanding of the power of prayer.  Not just in the here and now, but the eternal purpose of prayers spoken in faith.  
 
This blog has been life giving for me.  I have learned so much  about my parents, my siblings, my grandparents and great-grandparents.  This might seem silly, but by writing down stories and memories, I suddenly saw and understood things that I had never really SEEN before.  What a gift!
 
Thank you for reading.  Thank you for commenting.  Thank you for being such a blessing to me. 
 
Jesus, bless each person who takes the time to read this blog.  Holy Spirit thank you for directing me to write exactly what you wanted.  Bless us all as we learn and grow each day.  Help us all to hold on to the truths you bring to light.  Thank you for prompting me to write this blog. And thank you for Gwen and her strong encouragement to me to write this Blog.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment