Saturday, May 31, 2014

How I spent my Saturday... "LESS STUFF MORE HOLY SPIRIT"

 
I suppose that there are many more important things that I could have been doing today, but instead, I spent the day scrapbooking!  I managed to get ALMOST all the way to the end of 2012.  Yes, I know that this almost 1.5 years behind.  Yes, that is a pretty bad situation.  Yes, I should be able to find more time to scrap.  But today I was thinking about the benefits of being a bit behind.  I just love looking at these photos.  The grand kids have grown up so much.  I believe that one of the biggest benefits of scrapbooking is really LOOKING at your pictures and remembering.  When I began my day, I showed Ken the stack of pictures that I had left to do for 2012.  It was about 2 inches thick! And that stack was just Christmas!  Ken very gently suggested that I consider "EDITING" the number of pictures that I used.  So I took his suggestion and looked at the pictures in a much different way, and managed to cut the number of pages significantly.  I still have about 10 pages to finish, but I have selected paper (one of the hardest parts of scrapbooking for me), and assigned pictures to pages.  So today was a success. 

Editing is quite a concept.  This has me thinking of other areas of my life that may need some editing.  I believe that it will help to EDIT what I pack for vacation!  No over packing for me!  I think I will edit my closet.  I know that there are quite a number of things that can go to Goodwill.  I have book shelves that could stand an editing.  Yes, the list goes on and on. 

And here's the thing.  Just like my scrapbook, when things are pared down a bit, it is so much easier!  There is less to deal with and then you have the BEST of all the stuff.  Life seems lighter when you have less to worry about.  Jesus never owned much when he walked the earth.  He traveled around and really didn't  have any possessions. But he was filled and empowered by the Holy Spirit.  We could all take a cue from this.  Less stuff and more of  the Holy Spirit!  Yep, I think I will make that my daily reminder........."LESS STUFF AND MORE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT".  Thank sounds really good!

Jesus, thank you for reminding me what is really important.  Help me to go deeper into this message as I remember each day to edit not only the physical things in my life, but also how I spend my time.  Holy Spirit, MORE PLEASE!   Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment