Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Do I need a "reason" to write?

I've only been doing this blog for a couple of months but it has been so life-giving for me.  Its funny how putting thoughts and words and prayers down in a blog feel like fulfilling my destiny.  I never thought of myself as a writer.  It would not have been something I imagined doing.  In fact, I really didn't like having to write when I was in school.  I much preferred reading over writing.  Back in 1988 when Jesus  became real to me, I started journaling.  I have boxes and boxes of spiral notebooks to show for the last 25 years.  I am so grateful that, early on in my learning and growing spiritual life, someone suggested that I try writing down my prayers.  But I never imagined writing with the purpose of someone else reading my thoughts, feelings and emotions.  And I couldn't comprehend writing down and sharing things that Jesus was saying to me.  Gradually, I sort of got used to the idea of sharing through writing.  But I certainly did not feel "qualified" to write anything really important.
Looking back, I can see that I ran away from writing when there were many times that Jesus was calling me to do exactly that.  Almost 20 years ago, Jesus gave me ideas for an extremely unconventional and powerful "out of the box" education program for children.  I did act on those ideas.  I actually created and executed a unique program for kids.  But very little of it was written down and much of it is contained in scraps of paper and folded copies.  I had a pastor at the time who was encouraging me to get the material in "publishable format".  But I didn't think I had the time and/or the resources to do that.  I wasn't qualified.  Eventually, some ideas did make it into print. (I have previously mentioned the materials on www.cyrusministries.com under Kids Rock).  However, not much more has been happening with my writing................until now. 

In April of 2012 I had a powerful visitation from an angel.  I woke one night from a dream and saw an angel standing by the end of my bed.  He was holding a silver tray.  On the silver tray was a very ornate gold pen. There was a powerful word from the Lord, encouraging me to write down and share the things I was receiving.  To fulfill my destiny.  I knew that I was supposed to write.  I started sort of gathering together some thoughts and ideas and trying to imagine who might even want to read what I was going to write. But that was as far as it went.

Then in February, I read a book that shook up my world.  You see, the author wrote words that I felt and heard in my own head.  I sobbed my way through the book.  The last chapter contained words that were so similar to things I had written in my little booklet "God's Plan and Purpose for Children", that it took my breath away.  I contacted the author of this book and she replied to me almost immediately.  Her response was that "it sounds like there is a book or more in you that is waiting to get out".  She encouraged me to write what I knew I needed to write.

So, here I am.  A new blogger.  I've been encouraged to do this blog by my daughter who always reminds me that "unqualified" is not an acceptable excuse.  Since the Bible is full of unqualified people who God used in amazing ways.  And I am continuing to gather my thoughts and ideas for some bigger project.  But for now, this blog has been amazing for me.   I want to encourage everyone who might be reading this post to follow your destiny.  Don't let being "unqualified" or "uneducated" stop you from following Yahweh's path for you. 

Thank you Yahweh for your patience with me.  Thank you for drawing me to a place where I can share all the wonderful things that you are doing in me and through me.  Yahweh please encourage and give hope to anyone who feels purposeless and hopeless.  You are the Creator and you have amazing ideas to share with us.  Jesus, I receive all that you have for me today.  Thank you for the people who have encouraged me to step out and write.  Yahweh, you are the reason that I write! 

No comments:

Post a Comment