Sunday, July 7, 2013

Roadside billboards

While traveling home from vacation, I saw some amazing things!  Of course all you have to do is look around as you travel and you WILL see things that sometimes, you don't even want to see!  There were lots of RV's, campers, jammed full vans.  There were trucks pulling trailers, buses and even a few regular cars.  And there were billboards.  We love to see the Ron Jon signs.  This means we are close to the ocean (and most likely, one of our destinations).  There are all kinds of signs and billboards along the road these days.  I saw two billboards that stuck with me while I was driving and Ken was sleeping. 

The first was a large white board divided down the middle with a black line.  On the left was a large yellow sad face.  On the right was a large yellow happy face.   On the sad face side it said "American does not need a face lift".  On the other side it said "America needs a faith lift". 

This was very interesting to me.   Just that morning I was looking at my face in the mirror and thinking how OLD I suddenly look. After this billboard, I realized that I should be much more concerned about my FAITH than my FACE.  And I do need a FAITH lift.  Isn't it true that we would all be so much better off if we were concerned about our Spiritual life rather than our Physical appearance. So I am going to be praying this for everyone.  Because this is not just true for me or you.  It's not just true for America.  It is true for everyone. 

Then the second billboard I saw said in big black letters - ALL YOU NEED.  And underneath that it said B.asic I.nstructions B.efore L.eaving E.arth.  BIBLE!  Okay this got my attention.  What an interesting way to look at the Bible.  Yes, it is an instruction book that leads and guides us.  It is what we need everyday to walk out our destiny.  I think some would say it is anything but basic.  But when you approach the Bible after asking the Holy Spirit to show you what you need to see in what you are reading, passages seem to make sense.  I am SOOOOO thankful for the written word.  Everyday when I open my favorite Bible (and then notice the many different Bible translations on my shelf), I think of the many people around the world who do NOT have the written word available to them.  I have been so blessed to know a few people who have fulfilled their destiny to bring the written word to people around the world. If you ask to see my key chain, you will see see a worn, leather fob.  You can no longer read the words on it, or see the picture.  But I know what it says!  Remember the Korumba.  When I met this missionary family to Burkino Faso, Africa, the Korumba people did not even have a written language.  Now, thanks to these faithful people, the Korumba people  have parts of the Bible to read in their own language.  Isn't Yahweh just amazing???  He is getting His word out  through the hands of regular people like you and me. I have been blessed to be a part of this by praying for their work, everytime I pick up my keys!   

Thank you Yahweh for your written word - the Bible.  It is so amazing to me that you have preserved and brought your written word to 2013.  And I am in awe of your great plan to bring your Word to the nations.  Thank you for Chris and Sue Ladish who are walking out their destiny for the Korumba people of Burkino Faso, Africa.  Yahweh, bless all those who are serving you around the world.  Give them a faith lift!   Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment