Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Why did I do that??????

Today was one of those days when I asked myself the question.... "Why did I do that?"   I have been known to do some pretty outrageous things over the years.  Like not checking the pockets of jeans that are thrown into the washer (which yields wet, soggy wallets and one or two ruined cell phones). I've said things I wish I could take back.  I've bought some things that DID get taken back.  Anyway, you get the idea.  Well, today's "that" - the thing I wish I hadn't done - was walking to the beach without my shoes.  Now, I know that doesn't sound like such a big deal, but let me remind you - it is July in Florida and it was sunny!  Yes, the sand was VERY HOT!   And I have two good sized blisters on the bottoms of my big toes to prove it.  I covered myself with sunscreen and then burned the bottoms of my feet. 


I am thankful that there is a Walgreens on every corner these days.  I was able to get something to protect the very sensitive, open wounds from the popped blisters, on the bottom of my toes. 

Which brings me to the point of this post.  Sometimes, even when we are trying to do the best we can, we mess up.   I just forgot my shoes and did not think it was a big deal.  I didn't really think it through.  I am so thankful that Yahweh understands when we mess up.   No matter how small or trivial or how big of a thing it is.  Jesus forgives us when we ask.  We don't have to be afraid to fail or make mistakes.  Doesn't that feel good?   Jesus is even more present and available than that Walgreens store.  All you have to do is talk to Him.  Amazing!   It seems that around every turn, every day, I am coming into a greater understanding of just how AWESOME  Yahweh is!  I am so grateful that I have a relationship with Jesus, with Yahweh, with the Holy Spirit that allows me to grow - to learn and to understand more about Him - even when I mess up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment