Thursday, October 23, 2014

Doesn't matter how old you are!

In a spare moment this morning, while watching those precious grandchildren, I picked up this book off of the coffee table.  Honestly, I didn't remember purchasing this book, but there it was - in ink - that this book was gifted to Lia on December 24, 2010 by Grandma Lyn and Grandpa.  That was a long time ago...almost 4 years.  And Lia was just 4 1/2 at that time.  And here is Lia from today!  A very grown up 8 1/2 year old.  Full of fun, full of live and full of love.  What a cutie!
Later, while Anna was napping, I picked up this book, one more time.   I was so impressed by these one page devotions.   Just perfect for Lia.  And just perfect for me!
There were so many that I read that really hit home for me today.  Isn't it wonderful that Jesus can use even kids books to speak to us?  I just loved this "Royal Connections".   It uses the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to discuss having Christian friends.  What a wonderful tie to a Bible story.  I especially love the last part of these devotions - "I know I am loved because.....".  Every devotion has this last line with an appropriate response.  This one says...God sends friends who love him, too!  I guess that really spoke to me today because I was thinking about my small group and how much I love those gals.  

Don't we ALL need to hear these thoughts EVERY DAY?  I need to know I am loved because...  with a special Word from Jesus.  Yes, that is really powerful.   I can tell you that reading that little devotional book today just lifted my spirit and filled me with an amazing sense of the presence of Jesus.  I saw things like....."God has a plan for my life",  "God is always with me".  Yes, sometimes it is good to go back to the basics.  I confess that "daily devotion" time has not always been easy for me.  I struggled with trying to find a balance of stories and just the Bible.  And I have been so blessed by the many, many devotional books that I have found.  Today, I am thankful for this little Princess book that "Celebrates the Love that God has for You"!  So my encouragement to you today is to find a devotional book that will help you focus on Jesus.  Don't get bogged down in the details, Just read and let Jesus speak into exactly where you are. I can assure you that He will speak!

Jesus, thank you for the reminder that you will speak to us through many different means.  Thank you for this book for little girls that will show them every day that they are loved.  How amazing it is to know that you arrange for us to have friends that also know you!  Thank you for all of my wonderful friends.  Thank you for Lia and all that she brings to our family.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment