Tuesday, October 21, 2014

From Wiggles to the Armor of God.

I had another great day at Gwen's today.  It is amazing to me that in just a week Anna seems to grow and change so much.  I mean, just look at her!  Here she is standing at her play table.  Now, I admit that I stood her up there, but once she was there, she stayed standing and played for a long, long time! She is so determined and so curious.  There is nothing that girl can not find on the floor...even the tiniest little piece of paper.  I can't wait to watch her grow and see all that she accomplishes.


 It is no surprise that Anna and Zeke have a special relationship.  It has been a bit challenging for Zeke now that Anna is wanting to play with HIS toys.  Zeke is in love with balls of all kinds and he has a giant tub of bouncing balls that he is always going to.  Sometimes  he will share with Anna.  Today Zeke had a "feather duster" and was playing "hockey" with a small ball that flashes and blinks when you touch it.  Anna was just thrilled watching Zeke in action.  I could not get him to stand still long enough to snap a picture.  But you can get the idea from this blurry shot.
I couldn't help but think about The Wiggles!  Lia and Ellie both watched a lot of Wiggles, but Zeke doesn't really know the show.  One of my favorite people of that series is "Captain Feathersword".  He is exactly what you would expect from a show for preschool kids.  Instead of a weapon, he has a feather that is his sword.
\
And that is what I was thinking about today, when I was watching Zeke.  Let's face it, a feather duster is a lot less likely to cause an injury to another person (think that little 8 month old sister sitting on the floor) than say a hockey stick!  

I've been thinking quite a bit about spiritual warfare in the last couple of days. And today Gwen and I were talking about the armor of God and the Sword of the Spirit.  Actually we were talking about a flaming sword!  Isn't that what we really have?  As we speak the word of God, the Holy Spirit ignites those words.  And the Bible says in Hebrews 4:12
"The Word of God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword"
Of course this fits with my FIRE word from yesterday.  It is just taking it one step further. So my mind has been focusing on swords today.  And I am so thankful that we know that we have the DEFENSIVE piece of armor....that sword.  Yep, there is more that I have to share about what I have been receiving in the last couple of weeks on this subject!  So, watch for future blogs!  

Jesus, thank you for the reminder today of the armor that you have given us.  Help us all to put on this armor every day....The helmet of salvation that keeps our thinking and focus on you.  The breastplate of righteousness that covers our heart and protects our emotions.  The belt of truth that encircles us and keeps us encompassed with the truth.  And our feet are fitted with the shoes that are our peace.  We have been given a shield of faith that is our protection.  And thank you for that sword of the Spirit.  Holy Spirit, thank you for reminding me of the importance of this armor.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment