Sunday, October 5, 2014

New Growth.....and smiling!

Today Ken and I went to a really nice Botanic Garden quite close to our house. Yesterday we actually had snow flurries!  Yes, it is only October 4 but it was a cold, windy, rainy blustery day that felt like winter!  Today was a welcome return to autumn weather.  Sunny and in the 50's so it was a great day to be out in nature.  I took the photo above and the thought in my mind was "new growth".  And given it is not a usual time to see growth, I was surprised! You could see the very blueish green new growth on the ends of all the branches.  It was if this tree had a really big growth spurt! This really resonated with me, after my night last night!
Last night, I heard this women, Patricia King, at a gathering at HUB Ministries,  It was a wonderful meeting!  On my way home I was thinking about the amazing amount of "stuff" that had been downloaded into my spirit in just a couple of hours.  Yes, it was a time of new growth for me.  
The entire night was really based on this one point....."SMILE AT YOUR FUTURE"!  This is taken from Proverbs 31:25,,,,
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come"

There was so much that Patricia shared.  After I got home, that phrase, smile at your future, just kept rolling around in my head.  Wow!  If you listen to the news, read the stuff on the internet, listen to almost anyone talking about our country, politics, the world news, it is easy for fear and doubt to begin to enter your mind.  And then the LAST thing you feel like doing is smiling at your future.  But with Jesus, we have everything we need and we CAN and SHOULD be smiling at all that is ahead for us.   Yesterday was the Jewish New Year and a time to celebrate the new beginning.  What a great time to remember that our future is one to smile about.  We have Jesus and what else do we need?  As Patricia said, even if we lost everything - had no money, no home, no possessions -  we would STILL have Jesus.  And He is our provision!  He is our brother.  He is our friend.  He is our power and our strength.  We have everything to smile about.  

I have pages and pages of notes from last night.  I know that this information will be speaking to me over the next few weeks.  I am so thankful for this meeting last night.  When I left there, I had a new sense of purpose and destiny that had been missing from my spirit.  It's funny how one meeting can bring so much revelation.  And can bring a smile to my face!  Yes, I am smiling at my future.

Jesus, thank you for Patricia King and HUB Ministries.  Continue to bless them greatly with revelation and wisdom.  Holy Spirit, remind all of us to live in the knowledge that we have so much to smile about.  Keep us from fear and anxiety and help us live in the celebration of all we have in Jesus.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment